Vforce 3 or Boyesen Reeds

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are your guys thoughts? Looking at maybe installing one of them on my 2013 Pro RMK. Got an engine kit that recommends them under 3500 feet. Comment on the reeds please not the engine kit, let's keep this on topic. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on the other side of the fence, but only from a reliability standpoint. I've never had good luck with V-force past one season, always chipped or cracked. The Boyesen Rage Cage has been my go-to product for the past 8 years, never had an issue. On a stock motor, you likely won't notice any difference at the bars, but they work well with modified engines.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put vforce in my xm and there might have been some extra snap. I had Boyesen rage cage with a head and power valve mod on my xp and that sled rocked. Alway put Boyesen in my dirt bike and liked them so my vote would be Boyesen.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They started putting Vforce in the new AXYS chassis so they may have fixed there petal issues. I've checked into Boyesen and can't seem to get the Rage Cage only the petals. I was under the understanding it was a complete unit like Vforce. I've heard the stock petals are just as strong or better then the aftermarket ones. Do the aftermarket reeds improve the air flow so you can get more out of the kits? If they breath better they should help with the performance in my opinion.

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have about 500 miles on the new VForce 3R reeds in my '12 SBA 800. Noticeable improvement in throttle response and mid range pull.

Top Bottom