Venting Options

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Hey guys I want to add some venting on the RMK this yr, but I have a wrap on my sled and don't want to cut a bunch of holes in the side panels. I have seen some knee vents out there but am concerned they might get a little beat up over the course of the season. Just wondering if any one out there is using them and how they are holding up or if anyone else has some good ideas for extra venting.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the last 10 years I have tried or watched my riding partners try almost every brand and style of snowmobile venting. The reality is that they don't flow any air... they only radiate a little heat.
Back in the day, my 06 900RMK was literally more vent than hood/panels.... With an infrared temp gun I recorded at best, a 1 degree difference in belt temp after a long pull compared to stock.
Short breaks did show a quicker belt/clutch cool down but that wasn't doing anything for me.

If you want airflow, there is really only a couple options.
1- MTNTK Blowhole
2- Guage lifter with no screen or screen with large holes.
3- Blowhole style fan under guage lifter.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the xxx mod rods knee vents on my pro. Zero issues out of them. you don't cut out the entire vent. You use a hole saw and drill random holes. Then there is still support Behind the vent.

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have lots in stock FIRENICE vents or we have the R&M lighting vents as well. Also holz console venting.

Attachments

• 20141012_135021.jpg
    20141012_135021.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 326

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the xxx mod rods knee vents on my pro. Zero issues out of them. you don't cut out the entire vent. You use a hole saw and drill random holes. Then there is still support Behind the vent.

How much heat those pump out? Ive heard those and the one above the headlight/ gauge lifter vents pump the heat out. I know my gauge lifter chimneys heat out like crazy stopped, enough to defog the goggles.

#canadastrong

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Holz console and side panels venting. I think the console vent kit is a must. Its made from aluminum and vents really well. I have had it on mine for 2 years or so and it is still holding up well, the vents by my knees is a little bent but nothing drastic.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much heat those pump out? Ive heard those and the one above the headlight/ gauge lifter vents pump the heat out. I know my gauge lifter chimneys heat out like crazy stopped, enough to defog the goggles.

#canadastrong

There is actually quite a bit of heat that comes out of them. On the clutch side I also drilled out the rivets and removed the tool pouch. Allows for a lot more air movement.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is actually quite a bit of heat that comes out of them. On the clutch side I also drilled out the rivets and removed the tool pouch. Allows for a lot more air movement.

I think i may try these. Was thinking of the nose vents too. May get some air flowing in being the hood is usually got a few inches of snow on it. The front ones may... May not get some flow thru may not, cant hurt. Could throw a fan on that plate where the tool bag is mounted for a diy blow hole too.

#canadastrong

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any one tried the gauge lifter with the fan?

Do they work?

Was think of doing the blow hole but with the side panel vents I have I think it will just pull air thru the side and out the blow hole in a small circuit not really lowering under the hood temps.

Top Bottom