Sidewinder venting

old700

Reaction score
Has anybody added extra vents in the side panels of their SW? I am putting in some specifically on the clutch side to try and rid some heat, and am using a mix of some random Doo and Polaris vents that appear to fit where I want. Panel strength is a concern as the Sled ends up on its side quite a bit.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody added extra vents in the side panels of their SW? I am putting in some specifically on the clutch side to try and rid some heat, and am using a mix of some random Doo and Polaris vents that appear to fit where I want. Panel strength is a concern as the Sled ends up on its side quite a bit.
I used the 6 piece kit from mo-flow vents... they have held up pretty well so far, only problem I did have was the secondary shaft wore through the vent and cut a hole though it.

Now I did not follow install instructions exactly, I removed all the plastic from behind the vents so there was nothing protecting the screen\vent from the shaft.

I have since fabbed up a piece of aluminum in that spot and haven't had a problem since.

old700

Reaction score
I used the 6 piece kit from mo-flow vents... they have held up pretty well so far, only problem I did have was the secondary shaft wore through the vent and cut a hole though it.

Now I did not follow install instructions exactly, I removed all the plastic from behind the vents so there was nothing protecting the screen\vent from the shaft.

I have since fabbed up a piece of aluminum in that spot and haven't had a problem since.

That’s my concern as both my clutches touch the side panel often.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s my concern as both my clutches touch the side panel often.
I haven't hard any problem with the primary touching, the secondary though I tore it apart on the first ride. After I put that piece of aluminum in there 0 troubles, probably 800 ish miles, some in some headlight deep snow, some rubbing on the trees..

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mo flow vents also ,i only put on the ones by your knees as i feel the sides ones will just get broken

Top Bottom