Vehicle Window Tinting

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a company to tint the front windows in my new Lexus to match the rear windows. I want a company who does great work so I am checking to see who everyone has used in th Edmonton area.....comments good, bad or otherwise appreciated.......

waka

Reaction score
Drive to red deer and use details... 403-348-tint. These guys are great... They do 3m film as well ... I have used these people quite a few times and their work is great.. And if there ever is a prob they fix it for ya no hassles..

Waka

ps front windows are illegal to tint so not really endorsing that... But if you do it get your backs double tinted ... They did it to my bros LT and it looks wicked

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MALCOMS TINTING IN ED does all bmws and stuff i have gotten 4 trucks tinted through him reasonable price and great job.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using Clear Choice Automotive in west edmonton for about 4 years now, these guys are great, good price, quick and they also do the 3m, I would strongly recomend these guys

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MALCOMS TINTING IN ED does all bmws and stuff i have gotten 4 trucks tinted through him reasonable price and great job.

X2 Malcolm does a good job. He can do some neat custom stuff as well.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Malcolm's is the best. He did my windows and couldn't be happier. Malcolm himself did them all and he is VERY picky. I got 5% on all windows except windshield, he said he will only go that dark on front windows for certain people just because it's so dark. Plus he has a very hot receptionist :d That reminds me I need to go back to get a brow on my windshield :d

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got my front windows done limo tint(5% i think) on my chrysler 300 at malcolms cuz back ones were done already. his tint overall all is good but whoever did it took the easy route and did not remove the windows and as a result he bent all my plastic trim on the top of the door panel. told me it would fourm back into place over time. after a year it didnt now im fourced to buy that new trim cuz it looks terrible. also we had to beg him to do limo tint on side windows cuz he was tryn to talk us outta it cuz its illegal. lol.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got my front windows done limo tint(5% i think) on my chrysler 300 at malcolms cuz back ones were done already. his tint overall all is good but whoever did it took the easy route and did not remove the windows and as a result he bent all my plastic trim on the top of the door panel. told me it would fourm back into place over time. after a year it didnt now im fourced to buy that new trim cuz it looks terrible. also we had to beg him to do limo tint on side windows cuz he was tryn to talk us outta it cuz its illegal. lol.

A lot of places will straight out tell you no about 5% on front windows, or even lighter. No places take out the windows, your looking at huge bucks to do so it's a ton more work and not needed, I payed $300 for 5 windows, one of which is 3 piece because of my rear slider, I cannot complain at all. Other places said the slider is 3 windows and wanted $500+. I couldn't even notice right after the tint was done on any of the panels. That is really weird, I seen them working for a while when my truck was being finished, he is VERY picky about how stuff is done.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not bashn the company, im just sayn i would never go there again. and iv had tinted windows in my gmc, kenworth, mack etc...and other places pull the side windows out to do it cuz its easier to tint. obviously they wont pull a permanant mounted window. and a couple other places didnt hesitate when i said i want black .lol. but just the door trim was the issuse wit them. price was good. only had the one experinence wit them.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of places will straight out tell you no about 5% on front windows, or even lighter. No places take out the windows, your looking at huge bucks to do so it's a ton more work and not needed, I payed $300 for 5 windows, one of which is 3 piece because of my rear slider, I cannot complain at all. Other places said the slider is 3 windows and wanted $500+. I couldn't even notice right after the tint was done on any of the panels. That is really weird, I seen them working for a while when my truck was being finished, he is VERY picky about how stuff is done.

I stopped by and saw Ron @ European Auto Tinting and he assured me that they remove the glass from every window they can when tinting. $140 for both fronts..pretty fair price.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MALCOM's has done all mine and has never removed a window and i have had no probs...he has even done my truck while i wait or has given me a ride to work. I put a rip in on and he replaced it for free.....still gonna recomend him.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped by and saw Ron @ European Auto Tinting and he assured me that they remove the glass from every window they can when tinting. $140 for both fronts..pretty fair price.

I had my two fronts done at European and they took the windows out and they match the rears perfectly.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
malcom's gets my vote , but have really never had a problem with any shop that does this as part of thier mainstream business

hurt'in albertan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
details in Red Deer did my 05 GMC front windows and they took them out it did not take them 30 mins to take them out and put them back in they did a great job!!!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used eurotint(i think,by dougs place and capital dodge) on my megacab did the pimp tint on the back window and they tinted over the side windows to make them super dark and did a decent tint on front two, not super dark because the back three make it super dark anyways. good service,good price and good turn around time, all in all 100% happy!! would reccomend to all!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have been using European Auto tint for over 12 years now and they have done all my windows. Probably 7 vehicle now. I only had one warranty and that was on my Volvo and the tint was ten years old and I was prepared to pay and Ron says its lifetime warranty. Enough said.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used ziebart and i was really not all that satisfied they said it was supposed to be 5% and it looks more like 30%. I took it to clear choice and they re did the tint and man it was twice a good.. thats my :twocents:

Top Bottom