VE tunnels, good or bad

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
am lookin into a vanamburg tunnel for my apex but most anyone who i talk to says that they suck, are absolutely rotten as hell to install and arnt as strong as say the CR ???? any personal experiences or opinions ????

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have seen a few guys with the VE kickups on apexs look awesome... and work good.
buddy has one on his M7 works good...
brutal when you get stuck though cuz the kickup.. have to lift alot higher

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
best looking tunnel out there i think
everyone i know with one on there rides never had any troubles

that longhair has no taste everyone knows that already

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The VE tunnel looks to be quite solid. I don't care much for the back end. But the metal is thicker than the CR. I have a CR, love the tunnel but the foot boards have issues with cracking. Im on my second one now, and have got steel reinforcements made to stop this.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a VE on my Cat, i love it. It's strong no issues there so far. Was a toss up between the two, i liked the VE look better than the CR. Fit and finnish i had no issues there, everything went together great. :beer:

duner

Reaction score
I know guys with both tunnels. My opinion is the CR is a better tunnel. The Van Amberg doesn't fit as good, my buddys running board hole is right under the footrest etc. The tunnel is too deep at the footrest also. He had to bend the footrest down to even fit the tunnel. They are also heavy. I know alot of guys with CR tunnels and no issues.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with a CR tunnel. VE is good as well. I phoned 6 companies that build tunnels (most of which are CR ripoffs) Chad phoned me back same day, none of the others ever called back.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a VE tapered hillclimb tunnel on my M1K with a custome VE u-cooler. Fit and finish is good, I had no install issues (I installed myself). Good product - third season with my fat butt on it, no cracks, bends, etc. I would buy another one.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt there 3 different thickness's of CR tunnel that you can get ?! i dont really give much of a damn if its a bit heavier, i have the horsepower to handle it... but yeah like duner said ive heard that some dont fit worth a damn, but then theres all sorts of ppl that say its awesome. i like the look of the boondock tunnel, with the angled rear end.

Top Bottom