VARDA Accepting Application for Snowhost for the 2010/2011 Season

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

Unfortunately I've lost a member of my team for this season due to full time employment and am now looking to fill the spot.

The Valemount Area Recreation Development Association is asking for resumes of experienced snowmobile operators who are interested in becoming a member of the Snowhost Team.

The Host Team is resonsible for area maintenance, but more importantly
on-mountain boundary patrol and rider education relating to sustainable and ethical riding, avalanche awareness and our areas Wildlife Sensitivities. We also act as a liason to the snowmobile community and offer to assist where ever needed, from showing newcomers around to helping out in emergency situations.

The postion begins roughly the last week in November and goes through to approx the end of April. The shifts are three days a week, Fri, Sat, Sunday and most holidays.

The ideal applicant is one who has:
-Long history of mountain snowmobiling prefferably in the Valemount Area
-Previous guiding experience an asset
-First Aid
-Avalanche Training
-Must own a late model reliable snowmobile
-Must own a 4x4 vehicle in reliable condition
-Refferances are a must. Not necessary from past work, but refferances who can stand up for your character. (we have to watch each others backs out there)

The successful candidate would also be welcome to return next season.

For more information please phone or email the VARDA office @
1-250-566-4817
varda@valemount.ca

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Wow talk about a dream job. I would certainly volunteer weekends that I'm out to take the load off other guys if needed. Every weekend is too much.

Oh ya and I would meet or exceed all of your criteria.

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
"whatcha payin`? ;)
Some one told me they`d give their cheque to their wife to shut her up so they could do this job and ride.

Last edited:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be an awsome gig for the winter !!!! To bad I don't have the first 2 qualifications....... It would take a lot out of a guys time if he lived a distance away...He would definatly have to have a forgiving wife..

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"whatcha payin`? ;)
Some one told me they`d give their cheque to their wife to shut her up so they could do this job and ride.

The job is more about direct contact with our visitors than simply boundary patrols these days. 75% of the day is talkin with riders before they head up the trail and 25% is actually riding.

Payment is based on experience and yes PP I would give you the job;):beer:

Top Bottom