Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
The best is when people in the states ask if we live in igloo's up in canada. Usually go along with it, unless it's summer then we tell them no to warm right now so we are in out mud huts.. LOL..

I miss that.....the internet and media has almost ruined that on us, I remeber when online chats were just catching on explaining to a couple people how we had to have special heaters put in that would keep the temp juuuuuust right so as not to melt the igloo, and tell them I would be right back the sled dogs were getting hungry.......ahhhh the good old days

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CBC This Hour Has 22 Minutes has done some funny stuff with Americans and their knowledge of Canada. A few years ago they sent a TV crew down to Texas and introduced themselves to people on the road. They said that they were down in Texas celebrating the introduction of microwave ovens in Canada and these people believed them and congratulated Canada. It was too funny!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is actually amazing how little knowledge there seems to be in the states about canada.

Or the one where they told them that in canada we send our old folks out on an iceberg and they beleived it also.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Very Kool

Hey, you guys aren't the only one's they think live in igloos. Most are surprised to see that we have a Costco, Wal-Mart, and other big box stores up here.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CBC This Hour Has 22 Minutes has done some funny stuff with Americans and their knowledge of Canada. A few years ago they sent a TV crew down to Texas and introduced themselves to people on the road. They said that they were down in Texas celebrating the introduction of microwave ovens in Canada and these people believed them and congratulated Canada. It was too funny!
And The Rick Mercer Report Too.:d::beer::beer:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadians aren't perfect either. My apprentice today tried to tell me that Oregon is on the East Coast and North Carolina must be close to the US/Canada border because of it's name.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadians aren't perfect either. My apprentice today tried to tell me that Oregon is on the East Coast and North Carolina must be close to the US/Canada border because of it's name.

yikes! Hope he is a better apprentice than a geography major :d

Top Bottom