Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jarro Ruutu was suspended 2 games for biting another player, why shouldn't Burrows? There's no place in hockey for that kind of play and even Barry Melrose said that he should be suspended for it. It was a chickensh!t play on his part, just because a guy feeds you his fingers & stinky glove doesn't give you the right to bite him. :rant:

I'm really kind of surprised that so many Canuck fans think it's ok, if it were a Bruin that bit a Canuck player, you'd be screaming bloody murder. It's a shame he did it, it put a black mark on what I thought was a terrific game.:(

Should we call you a Waaaaambulance?

Don't ever quote Barry Melrose on hockey, that guy was the worst coach ever. If he paid as much attention to his line up as he did in front of the mirror doing his hair he may have been a marginal coach. The talent he had and no cup to show for it, Bwahahahaha.

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that what they are more complaining about is the fact that one of the penalties that they got was for when his skate got clipped and he went down and he was well outside the blue paint. It shouldn't have been a penalty at all.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing that the canucks will do with thomas is simply capitalize on the way he plays in scoring just like torres did in the 3rd period. He opens up alot of opportunities. They will just adjust how they capatalize on there opportunities.

The best was sedin flattening thomas and it was all caused by a bruin knockin sedin over right on top of thomas.. Lucky for boston thomas didn't get hurt in that one.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea that was a bad call....and if made should habe been a tripping call not interference

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

It was a tripping call, burrows was headed away from the net and thomas was backin up towards his net and there was unintentional skate contact and they called burrows for tripping. It shouldn't have been a penalty at all. But thats ok. Bruins couldn't do anything on the PP if there life depended on it anyways, they had 5 on 3's and a bunch of PP time and didn't really do much with it. But then again when you are at like 8% for PP's what do you expect. In the stats there has never been a team win the cup that had a PP % less than 15%.

I do beleive tho that boston will win one game in boston. Then Van can hold the cup high at the end of game 5 when they are at home. Way better to clinch the cup in front of your home town fans..

:vancouver::vancouver::vancouver::vancouver::vancouver:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i still say it will be a 7 game series, boston knows how to pull their chit together, and they just faced another fast skating team in the lightening. arguments can be made on both sides, i just think that boston is being under estimated. and as for the canucks capitalizing on thomas's play.....one goal on a one timer on a bad set up by the bruins defense doesnt show much support for this theory

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well how about that, a non biased hockey fan. Good observation Plio7.:beer::beer:

There ya go, talking about the lame Boston PP, seems to me the Canucks PP wasn't so great in game 1 either. Or maybe it was that awesome Bruins PK that shut them down??:cool:

Nahhhhh, we can't be giving the Bruins any credit for good play or for giving the Canucks more than they bargained for in the finals.:rolleyes:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a make-up call for the bad call on boston right before that. Plain and simple.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a make-up call for the bad call on boston right before that. Plain and simple.

That's the first lucid thing you have said in weeks.And what bad call would that be?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyle never has anything to back up his inane statements.He engages his fingers before putting his brain in gear.
If the nucks only play .500 hockey for the rest of the season they will still win the cup! If you said at the beginning of the season that Van could win the stanley cup by splitting a six game series with Boston I would have already been celebrating

There's only about 5 incidents all playoffs long i've commented on that shows he's a dirty player :rolleyes:

I bet you'll also say kelsar isn't dirty!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
thats kinda what gets me, i'm pretty impartial to the whole match, i chose to route on boston because my friend is a die hard fan and because i happen to like their line up......you hear very little about boston fans knocking vancouver....or attacking their play (as a matter of fact my friend gave cudo's to van many times for they're speed and play), ....making fun of the ginger sisters ect. but the van fans are running rampid on a "thomas isnt as good ad luongo," boston looks like old men", "bostons PP cant score".......just a news flash......it took a blunder by the bruins and your 3rd line to make anything happen and it took 59mins and 42sec. to do it against a team you said they would skate circles around.......

either way it goes may the best team win, and it will be a good series.....but more than anything i will route on boston more every time i hear the slander from vancouver fans

There ya go, talking about the lame Boston PP, seems to me the Canucks PP wasn't so great in game 1 either. Or maybe it was that awesome Bruins PK that shut them down??:cool:

Nahhhhh, we can't be giving the Bruins any credit for good play or for giving the Canucks more than they bargained for in the finals.:rolleyes:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
oh i am bias, but unfortunately my team finished dead last once again......:rant:

Well how about that, a non biased hockey fan. Good observation Plio7.:beer::beer:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats kinda what gets me, i'm pretty impartial to the whole match, i chose to route on boston because my friend is a die hard fan and because i happen to like their line up......you hear very little about boston fans knocking vancouver....or attacking their play (as a matter of fact my friend gave cudo's to van many times for they're speed and play), ....making fun of the ginger sisters ect. but the van fans are running rampid on a "thomas isnt as good ad luongo," boston looks like old men", "bostons PP cant score".......just a news flash......it took a blunder by the bruins and your 3rd line to make anything happen and it took 59mins and 42sec. to do it against a team you said they would skate circles around.......

either way it goes may the best team win, and it will be a good series.....but more than anything i will route on boston more every time i hear the slander from vancouver fans

LOL go check out a couple of boston forums if you don't think they are trash talking LOL

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Best post of the day right there, nice job Plio7!!:beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom