Vancouver banning Semi's older than 12yrs

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the back log on obtaining new trucks right now, I hope people can afford to wait for things. Most things from off shore come through these ports and there are already major delays, cant wait to be told it will be a year to order the simplest of things very soon.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I forgot...the ships in said port have very low emissions and have absolutely no ill effects on residents.
Just shows I'm a duhmb Alberta boy from the hicks.
That is true, a quote I found, and there banning old trucks, hypocrites
“It has been estimated that just one of these container ships, the length of around six football pitches, can produce the same amount of pollution as 50 million cars. The emissions from 15 of these mega-ships match those from all the cars in the world. And if the shipping industry were a country, it would be ranked between Germany and Japan as the sixth-largest contributor to CO2 emissions.”

It’s difficult to imagine how much carbon dioxide that is, especially because ships operate so far out at sea. Alongside CO2, ships also release nitrous oxides (NOx) and sulphur oxides (SOx), which are highly toxic chemicals that are proven causes of acid rain. While manufacturers are slowly designing less environmentally detrimental cars, the oceanic freight industry is subject to fewer regulations.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THis is about as stupid as stupid can get. Once sock boy see's this betcha he will think lets do it across Canada.. I agree with RXN that our cars and trucks will be next

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will make the supply chain even slower.
Hopefully the greenies will have to wait to get all the stuff they need to feel righteous.
All this crap is only going to go away once the the experiment fails.
Which at this point is just about there.
The problem is those of us that have been able to see this coming a long time ago have to put up with the stupid choices this weak mined
Retards have made.
With all that is going on now inflation, supply chain issues, interest rates going up, labour problems.
Most people only start caring when stuff effect them.
At this time the vast majority are being effect by all this crap.
Hopefully they get it soon.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, majority of the trucks headed east will already be newer than that but the local to BC units will definitely be effected. Don’t care if metro Vancouver and the Island suffers a bit, they reap what the sew. Feel for the couple good ones in the mix but living there you need to expect that

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i guess manufacturing new trucks also causes too much emissions. Now in 12 years from now there will be no trucks on the roads as they created a a Penrose steps effect.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if some companies would just get together and have a newer truck take them to/from the port to other waiting trucks? If they wanted to get around it bad enough and had enough traffic in/out to justify a truck just sitting there doing that, it would be a easy workaround the BS law.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the government of BC in their own swill of stupidity will then have no clue why the economy grinds to a halt because half of the trucks on their roads have been parked. You can't make this chit up sports fans.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While i agree this is stupid it has been in the works for years long before covid hit... but yes this is stupid why should a company have to purchase new trucks if their current fleet is well maintained and running. And yes their already yard trucks that take most of the containers to a holding yard to be transferred over to the actual shipping company

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait for it,,,BC will be checking for any modifications made to a diesel pickup.
Basically stopping people from driving deleted trucks.
They will push for stock vehicles running def.

We are looking at new SUV’s. 2022 or 2023 new. Lots of electric models in 2023.
Not many gas/electric hybrids.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While i agree this is stupid it has been in the works for years long before covid hit... but yes this is stupid why should a company have to purchase new trucks if their current fleet is well maintained and running. And yes their already yard trucks that take most of the containers to a holding yard to be transferred over to the actual shipping company
It is probably the trucks with exhaust filters that they want and not trucks with free flowing exhaust.

Top Bottom