Valemount Hotel

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staying in the Valemount Hotel this week, Been here at least 5 or 6 times before, decent enought little place and bar just on the main floor. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. The owner came up this evening and blamed us for stealing stuff from another room(towels) and being generally disruptive. Well Ive been in bed every night for the last 4 at like 7:30 so don't know what hes talking about. I even told him that if he wanted to return my money for the last 2 nights I would go stay somewhere else.

I respect other peoples property and time so I expect the same in return, I would never recommend this place to anyone else and am hoping all members who have had experiences with bad hotels especially this one put in there 2 cents.

BOYCOTT VALEMOUNT HOTEL!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staying in the Valemount Hotel this week, Been here at least 5 or 6 times before, decent enought little place and bar just on the main floor. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. The owner came up this evening and blamed us for stealing stuff from another room(towels) and being generally disruptive. Well Ive been in bed every night for the last 4 at like 7:30 so don't know what hes talking about. I even told him that if he wanted to return my money for the last 2 nights I would go stay somewhere else.

I respect other peoples property and time so I expect the same in return, I would never recommend this place to anyone else and am hoping all members who have had experiences with bad hotels especially this one put in there 2 cents.

BOYCOTT VALEMOUNT HOTEL!

That is now boycotted with our group!

The Warden

Reaction score
Website
www.jailhousebb.com
FYI Jailhouse B & B on 6th Ave has vacancies for this weekend! Also every second weekend for the duration of the winter. A full Canadian breakfast is included with your rent, and group rates can be negotiated. We can accommodate up to 7 or 8 depending on your sleeping preferences.

Check us out!

Marie

250-566-0061

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our group (18 people last trip) has stayed at the Valemount Hotel every year for the last several years during our annual sled trip, Peter has always treated us very well. we smoke, drink all night, make all sorts of noise partying....including a 4am fire alarm test last year (Newf, you dick).....never so much as a sideways look from him. sorry to hear of your negative experience.

did you know the Valemount Fire Dept. has to be the ones to reset the alarm? they weren't real happy about it....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good enough for our group...let the boycott begin!!! Chalet Continental has always treated us good!!!

I stayed at the Valemount hotel last weekend, and found their place a good deal. Good service,:)
One word of advise though, DON'T order Western food from the China Mouse Restaurant. We waited 45 minutes for a burnt and cold grilled cheese and cold fries.

Last edited by a moderator:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I stayed at the Valemount hotel last weekend, and found their place a good deal. Good service,:)
One word of advise though, DON'T order Western food from the China Mouse Restaurant. We waited 45 minutes for a burnt and cold grilled cheese and cold fries.[/QUOTE]

Not too sure...they moved to Kelowna...Grandma is running the place...

I think she figured it out!!! :rollingpin:

Last edited by a moderator:

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peter has always treated us pretty good.If your picky about a un eventfull weekend then .......

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just up there this past two days. I've been staying there for 18yrs now and never had a probelm. Peter is good as long as you are good. He has kept my dog while we go out. He let us use his garage to fix sleds at no charge. Rooms are clean and I've stayed there enought that we work out a deal on rates > You get what you give.
Now I spoke with him and there is two sides to every story. Here is his. Someone took the microwave from the room to the hill, a no no. Some how a tall Don Cherry statue made it from the bar down stair into a room, but when ask how it got there no one knew. He didn't ask who just how. He's been in bussiness for 20 year so I think he knows how to deal with people. Boycot if you want but I'm sure he will manage. Treat his place like home and there won;t be a problem.

sleddude

Reaction score
I was just up there this past two days. I've been staying there for 18yrs now and never had a probelm. Peter is good as long as you are good. He has kept my dog while we go out. He let us use his garage to fix sleds at no charge. Rooms are clean and I've stayed there enought that we work out a deal on rates > You get what you give.
Now I spoke with him and there is two sides to every story. Here is his. Someone took the microwave from the room to the hill, a no no. Some how a tall Don Cherry statue made it from the bar down stair into a room, but when ask how it got there no one knew. He didn't ask who just how. He's been in bussiness for 20 year so I think he knows how to deal with people. Boycot if you want but I'm sure he will manage. Treat his place like home and there won;t be a problem.

Well said. Boycott if they must but sounds like these babies were completely in the wrong and should own up to their mistake instead of turning everyone sour on this place. They are awsome people and will treat you great if you do the same. What comes around goes around.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our group (18 people last trip) has stayed at the Valemount Hotel every year for the last several years during our annual sled trip, Peter has always treated us very well. we smoke, drink all night, make all sorts of noise partying....including a 4am fire alarm test last year (Newf, you dick).....never so much as a sideways look from him. sorry to hear of your negative experience.

did you know the Valemount Fire Dept. has to be the ones to reset the alarm? they weren't real happy about it....

Yes I did know that they do have to come and one of my co-riders pulled the alarm last year too, just wanted to make sure it worked before he passed out for an hour. I went to the firehall the next day and bought them a round for coming out in the wee hours of the morning

Top Bottom