Valemount Conditions and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a nice day to ride in chappel creek. Cheers.

Reaction score
I have never rode Oasis before... heard its pretty sick once u break through... don't feel confident going without somebody who knows the area a bit... if anybody is every riding oasis please let me know as i would love to tag along... see some new terrain.

Auzz

We will be heading up there on friday or saturday. As long as I have my sled back by then. Broke the brake lever off on sunday. Nobody has one in stock apparently

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully coming up Monday the 8th.....should be some new snow next week I hope...... !!! I'll be in touch on the W/E to see how things are.

skidoorider7007

Reaction score
Hey guys
so a group of us road allan and the trail up wasn't too fun
there was a lot of open rock faces that made for a slippery ride up
took quite a while to get up and there was a lot of open creaks...
if your going to allan you'll have to go quite a ways back to find some untouched
snow it was pretty ridden out this past weekend. The trail into clamina wasn't bad
at all there was only like one or two creaks running and they were right near the the beginning of the trail...all in all it was a good weeked of riding
oh and it is possibile to get into key hole now

and just one more thing
if anyone has any information on truck windows that were smashed in allan creek parking lot
and clamina parking like could you get back to me. We got out of allen around 6pm on sunday november 30 and when we pulled up to our truck the driver side window and the back seat window
was smashed out....When we arrived at the petro canada in valemount we saw two other trucks parked there with card board over their windows. We talked to them and their trucked got broken into also. They had everything stolen keys, cellphones, shoes, clothes, wallets etc. What was weird is they were in the clamina parking lots so whoever did it obviously came from the direction of valemount and stopped at clamina then came to allen parking lot and saw that we were the only truck left there but they didn't steal anything just smashed the windows so something must have scared the people who did it....not sure if they heard us coming down the trail or not but yaaa..

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shitty deal about the window's....I hope someone catch's those bastard's in the act!! Thanks for the snow report though....very helpful!

Reaction score
Heavy Warnings
Yellowhead
4.47 AM PST Thursday 4 December 2008
Snowfall warning for
Yellowhead issued

15 to 30 cm of snow is expected for this afternoon through Friday.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A warm front will move onto the interior this afternoon spreading snow across most northern and central regions. The heaviest amounts are expected over the listed regions where 15 to 20 cm will have fallen by the time the snow eases on Friday. Local snowfall accumulation can be up to 30 cm especially over Prince George and northern Cariboo areas. There is also a risk of freezing rain overnight as an above freezing layer of warm air overides the cold airmass at the surface.

snowfall warning for Valemount. 15-30cm by friday!

boogydude17

Reaction score
Where the hell is all the snow. i was expecting way more by this time of year :mad:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently snowing like mad and has been all day. We NEED IT BAD

Currently No Grooming due to low snow levels in the Valley

Caution !

The Allan Creek snowmobile trail is in an early season condition. Intermediate riders should only be accessing the area, due icy trail conditions.

We recommend riders stick to the Clemina or Chappell Creek snowmobile areas, although expect early season conditions in all areas.

If you must ride Allan Creek, please respect the warning and blockage at the new and old trail junction and use the old trail only to access the area. It is to preserve snow on the new trail and provide an accessible trail for all for the rest of the season. Due to the quick altitude gain it is mandatory we preserve the early season snow in order to access the area with a groomer.

This new snow over night will be a considerable help to our overall snow and trail condition and we hope to be providing you with a groomed trail as soon as possible.

Im praying this snowfall continues throughout the weekend !

VARDA
250-566-4817
varda@valemount.com

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Curtis, now get out riding and let us know how much up top!!!:d

See ya in 8 days!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Youtube liks from last weekend.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix-77jN0TW8[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnbbfCW_J9A[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHEH_NHHxAg[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLPWxCSPgXI[/media]

RMKEITH

Reaction score
Just got back yesterday also. Only rode one day, too many rocks, trail in is rough and icy on the corners. We where at Clemina.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a very busy weekend this weekend and with minimal snow levels and everyone trying to scratch their first itch all at once.

We thank everyone for cooperating on the way up and using the old trail to Allan or taking newer riders to clemina. I know it was brutal, but what we were doing by saving the new trail will benefit everyone very soon and we thank you again for your cooperation:beer: This new falling snow is a blessing.

It is important to check places like this and other forums, your hotel, gas stations, or the VARDA web site to recieve important updates for the area. It is the best form of communication we have. Most businesses in town recieve a fax of important information to display when new info is needed to be passed along to visitors, if you do not see it displayed, ask for it.

5" has fallen in Valemount overnight and today, but I have no first had of what has amounted in the alpine as I was sitting on the trail all weekend. I will be going out in the snow tomorrow and will bring back some measurements and pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom