Valemount Conditions and Updates 2022-2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It’s tonight Ron…….just sayin’
Yes had to head to the Moose for supper.
Well we were expecting worse, and it was much better. We rode clemina today, the trial was in awesome shape right from the parking lot to the top. We hit lakeview plateau, a few big rocks on the way down added some excitement. Got to the bottom the snow was approximately 1' of new snow in there however about a 4' base below as when you got off your sled you fell through the layers. Didn't notice any crusty snow. It was starting to get foggy so we decided to get out. took the same way out however 3/4 of the way up my sled went over backwards, that's a bit scary. Got out just in time. Then headed back down it eventually got so foggy we couldn't see 5' in front of you. A small window of blue sky and sunlight popped out we got out quickly. We then went into baurs on the east side there were areas of 1' plus of snow. About 3" of fresh lately. Didn't see any crust. A small avalanche occurred on south side of hillclimb. Only about 50' wide with a 1 1/2' slab thickness that broke. Only ran down about 60'. Sledder triggered. Lots of rocks still visible and many small spruce trees that I haven't ever seen before, basically typically what you would see in early
December. It was snowing when we left.
DD7C1208-166F-4C36-BD4F-9F4D5311EDC9.jpeg
80CDAB4A-18B8-4D4B-8473-372B998A913C.jpeg

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where was your limiter set when you went over backwards?

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we were expecting worse, and it was much better. We rode clemina today, the trial was in awesome shape right from the parking lot to the top. We hit lakeview plateau, a few big rocks on the way down added some excitement. Got to the bottom the snow was approximately 1' of new snow in there however about a 4' base below as when you got off your sled you fell through the layers. Didn't notice any crusty snow. It was starting to get foggy so we decided to get out. took the same way out however 3/4 of the way up my sled went over backwards, that's a bit scary. Got out just in time. Then headed back down it eventually got so foggy we couldn't see 5' in front of you. A small window of blue sky and sunlight popped out we got out quickly. We then went into baurs on the east side there were areas of 1' plus of snow. About 3" of fresh lately. Didn't see any crust. A small avalanche occurred on south side of hillclimb. Only about 50' wide with a 1 1/2' slab thickness that broke. Only ran down about 60'. Sledder triggered. Lots of rocks still visible and many small spruce trees that I haven't ever seen before, basically typically what you would see in early
View attachment 264641View attachment 264642
I see Lyle is with you. Good times. I need some parts from last weeks carnage!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Alan today. They had about 2" of fresh. Lots of tracks though. Trees, rocks and stumps. The big hill dropping in to carabou is pretty rough. Could play a little just north of hill climb with 2-3" of fresh, but still lots of hazards. Cleaned the cornice on the camera side of the cabin.
Lots of snow needed was still worth going though.
B4CE95F8-B15D-479B-91B7-A31025AEF06E.jpeg

DE6CF4EA-1BFE-4DAF-B02C-E80D04B29F73.jpeg

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Alan today. They had about 2" of fresh. Lots of tracks though. Trees, rocks and stumps. The big hill dropping in to carabou is pretty rough. Could play a little just north of hill climb with 2-3" of fresh, but still lots of hazards. Cleaned the cornice on the camera side of the cabin.
Lots of snow needed was still worth going though.

Looks like a good time. It's good to see Lyle out there. As long as a guy knows that there is still a lack of snow and can resist the temptation to ride as if it was a normal snow year, then I think a guy can still get out and enjoy the day without damaging your sled.

dnedohin

Reaction score
Website
www.timbercastleandcustoms.com
View attachment 264641View attachment 264642
Glad you are getting out there, Ron. Hopefully we will meet up for a ride!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You been out to your property yet? Just curious if I need to get my road in plowed or if I'll be good.

Ridernation

Reaction score
Was at Chappell yesterday, definitely snow, and yes was raining down low with snow and reduced visibility up top, had about a foot+ in parking lot, units stuck getting in , but was getting plowed when we got down, must have been 35-40+ sleds yesterday was surprised and got some much needed snow for sure but viz sucked.

Might try again today…not sure which hill going too right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom