Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7efa5063b91dafa768505789504d45b9.jpg

Last edited:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard there were some $1000 fines handed out in Recy area. Because the guys in the truck weren’t from the same household. Anything like that happening your way. Supposed to head out tomorrow. Don’t really like the idea of throwing money away and getting turned around.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard there were some $1000 fines handed out in Recy area. Because the guys in the truck weren’t from the same household. Anything like that happening your way. Supposed to head out tomorrow. Don’t really like the idea of throwing money away and getting turned around.
Pretty sure you are hearing rumors.

5a378c29ade9eada0b3f75ecbc09e4a5.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Funny thing about rumors is there is many versions floating around.

If you are really worried about it, travel in separate trucks like Varda requested.
For the time being it probably the best way to avoid close contact anyway, but at least you will be sledding.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I should buy a little single trailer and put a hitch on the subaru..... That way if I'm going alone I'm only using 1/3 the fuel

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not happening

• Thanks
Reactions: H-D

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Another suggestion. Have one buddy load up the rig with sleds trailer etc and then take a secondary commuter car (more fuel efficient). Helps stay distant during the long drive (especially from Sask) and shows you are putting in an effort if someone was to ever say something.

I know of some people who did that this past weekend... it was cheap insurance if you ask me..

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was an outback I'd look into a snowmobile Thule rack.....lol, the glass roof on the Legacy might not hold up.
I wonder what kinda mileage that suby would get pulling a sled on a trailer? Got me thinking now... Could haul the sleds behind the wife's explorer instead of running the ol Ram every trip.

Reactions: RXN

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I wonder what kinda mileage that suby would get pulling a sled on a trailer? Got me thinking now... Could haul the sleds behind the wife's explorer instead of running the ol Ram every trip.

I'm guessing with a single trailer and one sled you wouldn't notice much of a difference, no different than 2 fatties in the back seat.... Wifes legacy is a 3.6R with 256hp and full time AWD. with 4 of us in the car we average 8L/100km even if that jumps by 25% to 10L it's still less than 1/2 my Tundra.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing with a single trailer and one sled you wouldn't notice much of a difference, no different than 2 fatties in the back seat.... Wifes legacy is a 3.6R with 256hp and full time AWD. with 4 of us in the car we average 8L/100km even if that jumps by 25% to 10L it's still less than 1/2 my Tundra.
Holy ****, that Tundra really drinks. My Ram sucks back right around 15 L/100km with two sleds on the deck averaging 115km/hr. Even less with one, and minding the speed limit. Not sure the first savings is worth the convenience of feeling planted to the road no matter the conditions.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Holy ****, that Tundra really drinks. My Ram sucks back right around 15 L/100km with two sleds on the deck averaging 115km/hr. Even less with one, and minding the speed limit. Not sure the first savings is worth the convenience of feeling planted to the road no matter the conditions.

I'm closer to 20 or 22L/100km towing a 2 place with 2 sleds 2 people and gear.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the deck on my truck last weekend. Loaded up my brothers sled and him, we went riding. No one said anything To us about being out and about. If you want to go sledding. Go sledding. My opinion people are way to worried about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom