V Force 3s in a REV HELP

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My boots were shot so i decided to do the reed kit as well, but in the kit it comes with new bolts. BUT if i use the stock spacers the bolts are to short.

What did you guys do? Did you use the stock spacer? If you didnt did it through you alignment out for your carbs and air box?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My boots were shot so i decided to do the reed kit as well, but in the kit it comes with new bolts. BUT if i use the stock spacers the bolts are to short.

What did you guys do? Did you use the stock spacer? If you didnt did it through you alignment out for your carbs and air box?

I think on my 06X rev I left the spacers in. It was tight but it worked , I don't recall a bolt problem though.

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Like short as if you use the stock spacers, they are short enought not to even make contact.
I think that after wrenching on it that you are suppost to leave the spacer out, here are the reasons.
the new VFORCE kit does not have seal to seal the reed cage to the spacer, and the carb boots are a little thicker in the flange, thus making it the same distance from the motor to the carbs
Let me know if you think i am wrong.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like short as if you use the stock spacers, they are short enought not to even make contact.
I think that after wrenching on it that you are suppost to leave the spacer out, here are the reasons.
the new VFORCE kit does not have seal to seal the reed cage to the spacer, and the carb boots are a little thicker in the flange, thus making it the same distance from the motor to the carbs
Let me know if you think i am wrong.

ok, i think ur wrong.......just kidding couldnt resist it...

the reed spacers are there beleive it or not to increase air volume...if you can leave them in -by getting longer bolts thats the route i would personally take... the v-force reeds are awesome,,just remember once or twice a year to check the pedals for cracking or where which is know to occur on the big twins...........
but let me know if you think im right...........lol

terry

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kit from Vforce gives you everything to REPLACE the current reeds. If you can get longer bolts and put in the stock spacers as well then go for it. You may end up having troubles with getting the carbs to rest back into place in front of the Driving Shaft.

ps. Are you have fun with the two back bolts? lol.

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ya that is what i did, i just took off the stock and installed the V force kit.
I had no problem with the bolts.

Becuase the Engine was on the floor, LOL had to get some tunnel work done and did the reeds while i was at it LOL

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that is what i did, i just took off the stock and installed the V force kit.
I had no problem with the bolts.

Becuase the Engine was on the floor, LOL had to get some tunnel work done and did the reeds while i was at it LOL

Lucky you! Don't forget to check for leaks when it is back together. I use a flamable spray like WD-40 and spray around the boots to check for air leaks. If your leaking the sled will rev up. I have heard though that WD-40 isn't as flamable anymore so you may need to try something else.

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
I have a set in my H.O. Use the spacers and use the factory bolts with blue loctite. Use gaskets on both sides of the space and MAKE sure to use loctite 518 on both sides of the gaskets and rubber of the boots to prevent any air leaks.

If you dont use the spacers you will rob air volume and the air box's will not line up properly.

Top Bottom