united Generators

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these united Generators. Can-tire has a 2700watt geneerator on sale for $299. just wondering if its worth it?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Hyundai 2000w from Costco last year $550,.. works really well for the 5-6 times I used it a year. Even powers my travel trailer A/C

ksk223

Reaction score
I bought an ITC 3000 from Wal-Mart 4 years ago for $299. I usually don't cheap out on this kind of stuff but thought for a backup thats not a bad price. Its been a great unit and its now my main camping generator and it runs the A/C in the trailer for the babies naps now for years and its followed me to work lots during shut downs, many times running for 8-10 hours at a shot. I wouldn't even have a clue how many hours that thing has on it.

As with anything, you get what you pay for.

Sometimes its worth a try, and you can usually count on the cheaper looking ones not being the ones stolen when your out on a ride.

For some reason them bloody thieves always go for the Yamaha and Honda.

Think of it this way, you can buy 8 of them for the price of a good Honda.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these united Generators. Can-tire has a 2700watt geneerator on sale for $299. just wondering if its worth it?

if you're gonna use it to power power tools OK. wouldn't use it on your RV power is too dirty. could bugger up your electronics such as TV, stereo, computer. Go with a Yamaha or a Honda. Nice clean AC power.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2500 watt zangchangwangdang (something like that) Chinese generator a few years ago for $350. It has electric start, auto idle, etc. It was way quiter than my old 3500 watt Honda. It never missed a beat, ran my a/c and everything. But, they are scrappy compared to the Honda. I have a built-in Onan now, but if I was buying a stand alone, I would go with a Honda whisper inverter. At least that way, you can leave it under your trailer with a chain and lock, instead of stringing it out 100', and leaving it accessable for the theives.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a Kipor Gen set...wisper quite, electric start....runs up to 18 hours on a single tank and is a digital generator. very clean power....cheaper than a Honda s well....and ever bit as good ....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Probably worth it....but it will be a noisy unit running at 3600 rpm continously, so you'll have to chain it to a tree out in the bush. The inverter generators idle down at low loads and even at high loads only run at 1800rpm making them much quieter. I used to use a Yamaha 2400i and it was so quiet we left it either just to the side of the trailer door or under the slide of the trailer.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the 3000 from Costco a few years ago and can't complain a bit...starts every time (but I only use it 5-6 times a year). It is a bit noisy but again, for what I use it for it's worth it. I'll echo what others have said... good for utility type use but wouldn't use it to power RV. :twocents:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I have camped near people with cheap a$$ed generators one day I will freakout and take a bat after them. If you must buy a cheap one spend the money on 500' of extension cord and put the fugging thing far back in the bush where no has to listen to them......not on the "other" side of your trailer so YOU don't have to listen to it

My $0.02

burndown1

Reaction score
Any 4 pole gen is quality. The 2 pole generators, the 3600 are cheaper in quality. If you overload, possible problems that make it worthless. I have a Coleman. the company is out of business that made them. Honda is quality, 1800 rpm 4 pole generator. Heavy and quality. $$$$$$$

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have camped near people with cheap a$$ed generators one day I will freakout and take a bat after them. If you must buy a cheap one spend the money on 500' of extension cord and put the fugging thing far back in the bush where no has to listen to them......not on the "other" side of your trailer so YOU don't have to listen to it

My $0.02

Couldn't agree more. It should be mandatory for the companies building generators to stay under 50db. We have a couple of d!(ks in our group of freinds that like to leave their monstosity noise makers run all day and night. They get the air horn alarm clock every morning, but still don't drag their junk into the bush.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. It should be mandatory for the companies building generators to stay under 50db. We have a couple of d!(ks in our group of freinds that like to leave their monstosity noise makers run all day and night. They get the air horn alarm clock every morning, but still don't drag their junk into the bush.

Why the hell would they need to run them day and night????....thats dumb. I have a 2000W honda that is super quiet I run it into the bush and lock it to a tree and cover it with a camoflage box. It gets started in the morning around 9:30-10:00 run for about a half hour for the coffee pot, toaster and to top up the batteries that it. TV, DVD, stereo, evereything runs off the batteries so I don't understand why it needs to run ALL the time.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why the hell would they need to run them day and night????....thats dumb. I have a 2000W honda that is super quiet I run it into the bush and lock it to a tree and cover it with a camoflage box. It gets started in the morning around 9:30-10:00 run for about a half hour for the coffee pot, toaster and to top up the batteries that it. TV, DVD, stereo, evereything runs off the batteries so I don't understand why it needs to run ALL the time.

That's a good question, for which I have no answer. 2 of them that come with us regularly leave them run all the time, shut them off just long enough to fuel up. I don't think they will be hanging with us this year.

Buster

Reaction score

A guy asked me if it is ok to run my his cheap gen. because his kids were watching TV during the day. Give your head a shake people:nono:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well I guess I have gotten soft and lazy. We fire the crock pot up in the am and take off riding for the day. Come home and supper is ready. As for night time instead of running the furnace the electric blanket is very cozy. Keeps the misses very happy.

:beer::)

But then again it is a 2000 honda inverter very quite and will run 13 hrs on 4l of fuel

hedge

Reaction score
I also have the Honda and it's much quieter. I kind of wish I would have got the 2000 though, I got the 3000 and it's a bear to lift into the truck by myself.

PS, if anyone insists on getting a Champion, I saw them at costco for $225 I believe it was. They come in at around 69db, I still think it's too loud but passes most campground specs that I've seen in the states anyways, not sure if they have regulations up here.

Top Bottom