unbelievable!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I read that article years ago.... I really suspect the driver training school on 34th street in edmonton here as doing the same. My son worked in the truck shop for a month and got out of there when he realized how crooked they are... Part of dashmesh tire, and theres a heavy truck sales business, heavy truck repair shop, and a driving school all in one little building, with seperate entrances. I never did go inside, just what my son told me...

rgashkei

Reaction score
Isn't that from 2005? Hard to tell when that was from. I always wondered how some of these guys that deliver here could ever get their 1A

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just looked and article was from 2005. Either way, still a huge scam and dangerous!

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chances are most of them come with a towel. They should face charges but that’s just means we’re racist and should just apologize. Maybe now they’ll just get jobs assisting the driving school instructors.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a certain company up here that Man has is supposebly doing the same thing for a number of years.

Name is included but misspelled for slander issues

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sux cause no one wants to talk about it untik it’s them or there family that is effected by driver that is not from this country, shouldn’t ever be driving a car let alone a big rig. It’s an epidemic. No different drugs. By having migrants coming here and driving for penuts it drives the rates down for everyone. Cooking books. I believe I have the right to voice my dis-pleasure. If a migrant can come into my country and make a rule change you can bet your azz I’m going to tell you exactly how I feel. Canada wants to smarten up. Look what’s happening to Sweden right now. It’s time to wake up.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few years ago I witnessed a semi truck flip on its side in the Rogers Pass. I stopped and climbed up to see if driver was ok. He could not speak English so I wondered how he got it Class 1. Here is how.

https://www.trucknews.com/features/calgary-driving-school-charged-with-fraud/
I wonder if this school doesn't teach its drivers how to identify Saskatchewan stop signs?

Semi drivers are grossly under trained imo.
I don't think they grasp the gravity of what they are piloting.

Last edited:

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this school doesn't teach its drivers how to identify stop Saskatchewan stop signs?

Semi drivers are grossly under trained imo.
I don't think they grasp the gravity of what they are piloting.

Man the kids have seat belts it’s ok ...........oh wait my bad.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a certain company up here that Man has is supposebly doing the same thing for a number of years.

Name is included but misspelled for slander issues
We might be talking about the same one.
Was this the registries office in Edmonton that was owned by a certain group issuing licences willy nilly to their drivers?

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's probably more common out there than you think . I bet there's plenty of these driving schools that you just (purchase) your licence whether your white ,brown ,black or green . I've done many of road tests and just shake my head and have to ask myself . WTF is issuing licences . Doesn't matter the demographic either as it happens throughout Canada

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3rd world people are corrupt????? Who would've thunk.Just imagine all the other jobs they do here.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats way more common than yah think, even in the trades.
Were I work they had a supposed JM electrician here, he didn’t know how much voltage was supposed to be on electric motor leads after the breaker was opened. The stories I heard about him were unreal.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats way more common than yah think, even in the trades.
Were I work they had a supposed JM electrician here, he didn’t know how much voltage was supposed to be on electric motor leads after the breaker was opened. The stories I heard about him were unreal.
Skidded a whole crew of fake instrument techs from Quebec once, had nice forged documents and everything.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're still out there. We put guys through training to get their class 1. There's been a few instances where they can't pass the road test here locally so they head to Calgary and take the test down there on their own dime and miraculously pass. Fortunately we do 3rd party as well as in house driver assessments before our guys are allowed on the roads. They usually don't get passed the assessment.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're still out there. We put guys through training to get their class 1. There's been a few instances where they can't pass the road test here locally so they head to Calgary and take the test down there on their own dime and miraculously pass. Fortunately we do 3rd party as well as in house driver assessments before our guys are allowed on the roads. They usually don't get passed the assessment.
More companies need to start doing this.
I hope you guys get an insurance discount for being proactive.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Saskatchewan you can take a 1a course with a private company. However you still have to take a road test thru Saskatchewan government insurance, in order to get your licence. Seems to weed out the weak ones.

Top Bottom