"Ultimate Ski Doo" 1200 Turbo

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
This is going to be one of the baddest, lightest and fastest sleds on the planet!
Mountain Mod Mania is currently at C3 Powersports in Salmon Arm, BC where we are doing the project.

C3 makes all carbon fiber chassis sleds that are wicked light!
C3 PowerSports

We will also be installing Nextech's all carbon fiber front end and super cool and lightweight skid!
NEXTECH

Everything will be documented and filmed for MMM8.
The sled is then going over to Powder Lite Turbo's for their awesome turbo package!
Powder Lites Inc

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
The build started out with a 2010, 1200 154" Summit Prototype (1 of 2). It will now be put on a lightweight carbon fiber diet, Turbocharged, and extended from a 154" track to a 174" track to create the "Ultimate Ski-Doo"

This snowmobile is being built to outperform all other snowmobiles in its class. It will be using C3 PowerSports One Piece Carbon Fiber Chassis - the lightest and strongest chassis available. It will also use Nextech's all Carbon Fiber suspension components and Powderlights turbo kits with proven engine modifications to maximizes its power-to-weight ratio.

This 174" Carbon Fiber 1200 will be the baddest sled ever, and put all other snowmobiles to shame!

All Carbon Fiber Components used in this sled build are available online at C3 PowerSports

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
C3184.jpg

C3189.jpg

C3199.jpg

C3205.jpg

C3183.jpg

C3180.jpg

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did the 1200 summit doo come from lol. how did you get 1 of 2 haha.

also why chop up that machine if your just using the motor pretty much? would it not be easier to just purchase a 1200 motor for the CF chassis? or are there to many little parts that are needed aswell

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
My buddy Rob built one up this summer, 1200 doo turbo'd all light weight and a 174" trac. did it up in a white/grey camo body wrap when he was done....freaking awesome machine.

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
where did the 1200 summit doo come from lol. how did you get 1 of 2 haha.

also why chop up that machine if your just using the motor pretty much? would it not be easier to just purchase a 1200 motor for the CF chassis? or are there to many little parts that are needed aswell

The sled was originally for shows, and was only available for sale to manufactures or racers, and was not available to the general public.

Most times it is easier to use an existing sled because there are lots of small parts like bushings, fuel/air sensors and other electrical components. When we do this carbon fiber chassis replacement, we can also sell the leftover components which actually makes it less expensive and simpler then purchasing the motor and all the miscellaneous electrical components.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Everything will be documented and filmed for MMM8.
The sled is then going over to Powder Lite Turbo's for their awesome turbo package!
Powder Lites Inc[/QUOTE]

Filmed! I goto get over there and get all your autographs before you guys get to famous! lol. Can I come and take a peek? Tim

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i'm getting a semi.........now i gotta come up with 30 or so grand next fall. The boss is not going to be happy.:d

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
Filmed! I goto get over there and get all your autographs before you guys get to famous! lol. Can I come and take a peek? Tim

Everyone is welcome to stop by the shop and take a look at our stuff. we usually have one sled on the go, and also have all of our carbon fiber products and other accessories such as helmets, avalanche bags, frogzskins and more on display.

The project sled is being moved around lots tho, so it might not be in our shop. The aluminum parts were all being powder coated today.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a cool build, but you might as well started off with a stock 1200 since you are changing everything that makes the prototype summit a summit. I myself would of much rather seen where the two prototypes would of went stock or how the 1200XR "Summit" would have handled boost in its stock chassis.

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
This is a cool build, but you might as well started off with a stock 1200 since you are changing everything that makes the prototype summit a summit. I myself would of much rather seen where the two prototypes would of went stock or how the 1200XR "Summit" would have handled boost in its stock chassis.

"Prototype 1200 Summit"

Yes I agree it would be nice to test them both out side by side, or keep the prototype "as is" and do the build from a stock 1200. However, part of the agreement with Ski-Doo was to modify this particular "1200 Summit" because it is not supposed to be available for retail sale already or everyday use. We are also not allowed to disclose any other information on the "prototype 1200 Summit." So in order to obtain this sled, we needed to modify it, so what better way to do this but make the lightest stock chassis even Lighter, Faster and Stronger!

As previously stated, this build will be filmed and featured in Mountain Mod Mania 8, so you will be able to follow this sled from its birth and see it bombing up the biggest chutes and hill climbs!

Please check back often as I will try to update everyone on the status of this build, as well as post new pictures.

muffin

Reaction score
After having built carbon fiber sleds back in 1999 , is was wondering how you keep the fasteners tight ? That was a problem i had back then. The carbon fiber seemed to colapse around the fastner , the fastner would the become loose and enlarge the hole . The process used in manufactoring back then seems to be the same as what you are doing . Just curious ?

Justin @ C3 PowerSports

Reaction score
Website
www.c3powersports.com
After having built carbon fiber sleds back in 1999 , is was wondering how you keep the fasteners tight ? That was a problem i had back then. The carbon fiber seemed to colapse around the fastner , the fastner would the become loose and enlarge the hole . The process used in manufactoring back then seems to be the same as what you are doing . Just curious ?

Thank you for your question,

All of our carbon fiber components are made by vacuum infusing layers of solid carbon fiber with high grade epoxy resin for super flexibility and strength. We only use the most advanced carbon fiber sheets and highest grade epoxies in order to maximize strength. All of the attachment points are solid carbon fiber (similar to a solid steel sheet) so we estimate that our components are at least 30% stronger then the stock aluminum. So the problem you noted with the fasteners is not an issue.

In addition, we also use the same rivets and fasteners used by Ski-Doo, with the same fastening points to make all of our components fit and install just like stock.

Top Bottom