UHMW Question.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Jamie at high caliber mine was 5000.00 for a 21 foot custom weld storm. Money well spent, for me anyway.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^
Replacing or adding??
Big difference between the two as far as cost.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Jamie at high caliber mine was 5000.00 for a 21 foot custom weld storm. Money well spent, for me anyway.

What do you have powering your CW and how did it handle after the UHMW?

Thinking about doing the same but im worried I may be under powered for the extra weight.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't even drive it before I put it on. It had a 5.7 and was ok but the 6.2 LS3 was so much better lol. In my opinion I think it is a must where we take our boats (big or small) I was able to slide that 21 footer everywhere. After 2 years the bottom still looked great.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys always say its so heavy......... pushing a big boat of the bottom with no UHMW is a LOT heaver than a boat with UHMW.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UHMW would float would it not? If it does you would never really notice the extra weight. And it is a no brainer to have over not having it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weight in or on boats is no different then sleds.
UHMW slows boats down , but if your wanting to slide across gravel or cobble rocks all the time then probably a good idea.
Like Chris said , they are easier to push with plastic.
The key is to learn how handle your boat and not get stuck? Lol
Anything more than a 8 degree I wouldn't waste money on it as boat is made for deeper water.
Spray graphite on the bottom and go.
Touch up if needed a few times a year.

If your going to beat a 4000lb plus boat over rocks it's going to cost you in a few years.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UHMW would float would it not? If it does you would never really notice the extra weight. And it is a no brainer to have over not having it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm gonna find out soon, just took the plastic off my boat, put a keel strip of QT and graphite paint, guess I'll see the difference next week.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm gonna find out soon, just took the plastic off my boat, put a keel strip of QT and graphite paint, guess I'll see the difference next week.

this will be interesting, I bet there will be quite a performance improvement, I got full plastic on my boat (rookie driver) lol

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 16 foot sprint with a 240 sportjet has QT 100 on the keel all the way to the back and UHMW in the front, this boat is 1100 lbs and when I hit bottom its like someone through out the anchor lol, it stops hard and fast but is tough as hell. Will there be some performance loss with UHMW yes for sure but a necessary trade off for me. Skipping on the bottom is inevitable if you like to explore. When you enter a new channel sometimes you don't know whats at the end. Of course the game plan is always to stay in the water but I find sometimes you have to skip over a gravel bar to get into that deeper water. Lenny pulled his UHMW off his big boat because it will not be used for running skinny anymore, he has a second boat for that now. Im just telling how It is boys..... in my world anyway.

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weight in or on boats is no different then sleds.
UHMW slows boats down , but if your wanting to slide across gravel or cobble rocks all the time then probably a good idea.
Like Chris said , they are easier to push with plastic.
The key is to learn how handle your boat and not get stuck? Lol
Anything more than a 8 degree I wouldn't waste money on it as boat is made for deeper water.
Spray graphite on the bottom and go.
Touch up if needed a few times a year.

If your going to beat a 4000lb plus boat over rocks it's going to cost you in a few years.

Like lenny lol.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly .
He thought I was full of it a few years ago when I said it will cost . Lol
Good times though

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also around the $7500.00 mark for our 19'. Well worth the money spent especially like Chrisco said if you are into exploring. Without UHMW the damage to our boat would have been a lot worse here. The dent is close to the size of a 5 gallon pail. :(

Attachments

• IMG_3961 copy.jpg
    IMG_3961 copy.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3975 copy.jpg
    IMG_3975 copy.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 156

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No strength in plastic boys , you're gonna be disappointed if you think it's gonna stop the dents. Pfi's boat hardly ever takes a hit, well unless it falls off the trailer, heehee. Plastic makes it slide a bit easier for sure and certainly hides the dents and makes it hard to locate the leaks but your boats still bent . Stay in the deep water and treat it like a lake boat and you'll never do any damage, especially if you do most of your boating on here. LOL.

Top Bottom