two wheels or not?

krazy ken

Reaction score
What's everyone opinion on two wheel axles? Better side hilling I here but lose top end even with big wheels.

W

woodies

i think side hilling is bull!your track don't bend that way!also lose one wheel your done!weight

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 2 wheels on my sled, two years ago one of the wheels broke and no problem was able to get it back to the truck with one.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree,Better sidehilling by putting your wheels inside or removing them is a load what woody said,but you will lose about 10 onces per wheel! LOL!Dont waste your time!
catmando1

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am yet to see any advantages to going to a 2 wheel kit. The only advantages that i see is looks, and less snow hung up in the rear skid because most riders when they do this changeover they put on the bling bling. Now If you were to go to a Big wheel offset axle kit this may be a gain as the wheels are larger and the require less torque to roll the track around a larger diameter wheel. This is a pretty expensive mod. JMO, that has no real mechanical or HP gains, if you are to stay with the same size wheels.

You will have more flex if you remove the trailing boogies/wheels. Most mountain sleds now come with extrovert/ external drives, having these allows the riders to run there tracks with less tension and the track is less prone to ratchet. This in turn requires less torque to rotate the track. By running the track with less tension gives your track more deflection, so the track actually balloons away from the rails because of the centrifugal force and then it has more flex....... To each is own.... They look good though! Right up there with the high gain you get from intalling High Horse Power stickers.....Bahahahahahahahaha. Doesn't matter how much lipstick you put on a pig...... its still a pig...................This is just my opinion.

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think it helps a dam bit but sure looks good:d

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda like fake Boobies..... No real purpose, but nice to look at.......Bahahahahahaha.

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:yup, only $9000.00 cheaper*** lol

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now thats Fawking funny.................................almost pizzed my pants! :d:d:beer:

Top Bottom