Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Amsoil for me in all my sleds.

Attachments

• IMG_5031.jpg
    IMG_5031.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 221
Reaction score
castol mineral $20 per jug! I was told by a dealer that this is the same as bombi mineral oil. been using it ever since with no issues.

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to run motul 800 2t full synthetic in my kx in australia, no gummy power valves no spooge and a sweet smell. i havent found it here yet, and would it be suitable for sleds ?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadian tire is BAD! I run synthetic, its the way to go. allthough I know some people that have had great luck with mineral.

Dude.. WTF?

CDN Tire isn't bad. Sure they don't support OHV use the last I heard, but they also aren't against it like MEC. Validate your rediculous comments.

I run Shell Advanced too.. Waiting for the sale to kick in..

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to run motul 800 2t full synthetic in my kx in australia, no gummy power valves no spooge and a sweet smell. i havent found it here yet, and would it be suitable for sleds ?

Most bike stores carry Motul products. They are Motul whores. They also have the 710 which replaced one of my fav's, the 600.

I run 800 in my KTM at 22$/litre, but I don't think I'd use it in my sled. I'd have to look into it if they recommend cold weather operation when not mixed, but IMO, it's just too damn pricey considering you can get Shell Advanced for 33-35$/4 litres (8.75/liter).

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most bike stores carry Motul products. They are Motul whores. They also have the 710 which replaced one of my fav's, the 600.

I run 800 in my KTM at 22$/litre, but I don't think I'd use it in my sled. I'd have to look into it if they recommend cold weather operation when not mixed, but IMO, it's just too damn pricey considering you can get Shell Advanced for 33-35$/4 litres (8.75/liter).

Holly crap thats expensive i will be running something else in my sled , thanks

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another for Shell Advance synthetic. Been running it a long time and will continue to run it a long.

I've tried Blue Marble, Ipone, and a couple others. Always back to the Shell synthetic. I can use C-Tire bucks to buy it too!!

Also really like the Advance chaince case oil.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All's i can tell you is from personal experience's The amsoil interceptor says it's powervalve freindly but i have seen it gum-up doo power valves so bad before that you have to pry them out of the cylinders and that was in an '07 rev with about 1200km's on it. An on my M1000 it gummed the valves up badly aswell. Since i switched over to spectro i havn't had any issues at all with the power valves, when ever i pull them out to check them they have always been clean. Just my experience.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another for Shell Advance synthetic. Been running it a long time and will continue to run it a long.

I've tried Blue Marble, Ipone, and a couple others. Always back to the Shell synthetic. I can use C-Tire bucks to buy it too!!

Also really like the Advance chaince case oil.

you tried to use your Iphone????????:eek::eek::eek::eek: bet that didnt work to well lol
has anybody ever tried the lucas two stroke oil? i have used their other products before and been very satisfied. price for semi synthetic is same as castrol mineral oil for me. so just wondering what guys expieience has been. have never had an issue with the castrol but so not eager to change but have thought about it..

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All's i can tell you is from personal experience's The amsoil interceptor says it's powervalve freindly but i have seen it gum-up doo power valves so bad before that you have to pry them out of the cylinders and that was in an '07 rev with about 1200km's on it. An on my M1000 it gummed the valves up badly aswell. Since i switched over to spectro i havn't had any issues at all with the power valves, when ever i pull them out to check them they have always been clean. Just my experience.

Thanks for the info I'm switchin to Spectro:d:beer:

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran shell for years without problems it a great product. I put a Amsoil sticker on my wall and run it now with same results. Both great oil amsoil just comes with stickers and calendars with girls and smells kinda cool. Im a sucker but hey i love calendars with hot chics!!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran shell for years without problems it a great product. I put a Amsoil sticker on my wall and run it now with same results. Both great oil amsoil just comes with stickers and calendars with girls and smells kinda cool. Im a sucker but hey i love calendars with hot chics!!

Erin H

Reaction score
hey everybody i need opinions on what kind two stroke oil to run, power valve safe, whats good oil and whats bad oil

Thanks

Amsoil Interceptor is definitely the way to go. You can get 'wholesale' pricing on the entire Amsoil line by signing up as a 'preferred account'. The BC Snowmobile Federation now has a relationship with Amsoil. You can goto AMSOIL Oil and AMSOIL Filter Products. Your One Stop Shop for AMSOIL / AMZOIL and get it.

Regards,
Erin Hart
BCSF - VP

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run shell and the guys i ride with run ams. We both started our sleds after a long summer under cover. Both m8's an 09 and a 2010. Both fire up no issues at all. I lightly coat the shop with a blueish sweet smell of 2stroke burning. His turned the shop to a thick dark grey fog. I am not saying one is better than the other. But you could tell from 200 feet who started their sled.
I save all year to but my oil if i remember correctly it was 133$ and change for a box of shell from crappy tire, that is paid for with crappy tire money!

PS if you get the guy/girl who just started work there and you get a sealed box they scan the box and it comes out as 1 jug. Dont be the douche canoe and walk out with 3 free jugs or we wont have the sale. Sure you can tell your buddies about your big savings but your still a a$$bag for stealing

whickey

Reaction score
I got a 03 MC efi and a 2010 Summit. Can I run the same spectro oil in both machines. I have always used the dealer oil but I have looked into switching for a while now. Also it is kindof a pain in the a$$ to have to hit two dealers if we are heading to the mountins for the week. There is already enough stops on your way out of town. Any thoughts would be helpfull

Top Bottom