Turning assault into 155 dragon, NEED PARTS

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just turbo'd my assault last year and am thinkin that I would like to stretch it out a bit and also make the front end a bit narrower and softer. Bought the assault when I was more into doin drops around rocks and now am more into boondocking and climbing. If anybody has a rear skid, track, and front end I would be very interested.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant compare a m8 to an assault. The assault is a purpose built sled and that purpose is to take abuse! I am not a pure polaris guy and do like the feel of the m chassis but can say if I put an m8 through the punishment that assault went through it would be a very tired and twisted sled. The M is a great boondocker and climber and that is what it was designed for but give it a season of big boy drops(not drifts in the meadows) and you will see it age very quickly!!!

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my HCR seen hell and back this past winter over 1300 miles of drops drifts and trees.... still in one peice... only one a arm and a spindle.... jus sayin.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can say that we have rented cats for 2 years now and minimal damage other than hoods and a couple a-arms. And my M1000 has been thru some nasty crap itself and in two years i put one upper and one lower a-arm on it. The polaris is tough but the cat is just as tough anyday of the week.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I would agree an HCR is a bad ass tough sled!!! It is also porpose built for bangin like the assault. All I meant by what I said was compare the m to the dragon and not the assault. Apples to apples boys!!!! An Hcr will outlast a m8 sno pro in the punishment category, same theory.

429dhm

Reaction score
Just turbo'd my assault last year and am thinkin that I would like to stretch it out a bit and also make the front end a bit narrower and softer. Bought the assault when I was more into doin drops around rocks and now am more into boondocking and climbing. If anybody has a rear skid, track, and front end I would be very interested.

Are you still looking for some parts? I'm about to sell my A-Arms, Walker Evans fronts and 155 Walker Evans skid off my dragon. Roughly 1000 miles are on the suspension components.

Blackzed

Reaction score
Are you still looking for some parts? I'm about to sell my A-Arms, Walker Evans fronts and 155 Walker Evans skid off my dragon. Roughly 1000 miles are on the suspension components.

I am how much for the skid p m me thanks

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys he needs a 163 track and skid the power has to get to the snow. Sleds with that much power dont climb well on the rear wheels (155) trust me bin there.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys!!!! Go up to a 163 seems to be the common advice I am getting. I dont know why I got it in my head that a 163 will be so much harder to throw around. Ive always got a kick out of out pullin long tracks but you wont do it pulln weellies all day. Still not sure what direction I will go:rolleyes:, so any input helps!!! THNX

Top Bottom