Tunnels

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking at putting and new tunnel and doing some custom work to the sled.
Looking for some opinions on which tunnel i should go with between a CR and a VE ?

Thanks for you info.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a VE from Rory at Pure Addiction for my King Cat, both were about the same $$$ but i liked the look of the VE a lot better. It was a bit of wait for it, but well worth it i think. I have not put the sled back together yet, probally in the next few weeks, but so far i am very happy.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I was in and seen the CR tunnels at Specialty and they look sweet, and I also seen the VE tunnel @ Pure Addicition. It is hard to decide but I am leaning towards the CR tunnel. I like what Specialty has done with colour schemes and the customizing of the sleds.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The VE looks better to me, talk to Rocky Mountain Kamakazi. There are pictures posted on the site under his Photo Album.

Tweaker 660

RIP Jan 16,2009
Reaction score
I was talking to a guide earlier this year who said he has seen lots of CR tunnels bending this year and recommends not carrying fuel on them. Never seen it myself but just putting it out there. It would suck to spend that kind of money on a weak tunnel.

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
I have a VE Hillclimb tunnel. I really like it, the running boards are wide all the way down and the footrest comes in handy some times. The tunnel is thinner, don't hit it with a hammer as hard as you would on a normal tunnel or you will have dents in it. I carried a full 5 gallon jerry can up to the Renshaw and the trail was pretty rough and I had no problem of it bending. I haven't noticed any bending anywhere and i have takin it off some good drops and jumps. The thing i would be worried about is if you don't have the tunnel stiffeners and a heavier person that the running boards will bend, i haven't had a problem yet, but i am also only 14 and weight a 120lbs. I will post some pictures of it.

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of the VE Hillclimb tunnel, with the polish and orange acesseries, fuel rack, coolent through the running board and one at the back was about $1,800. If you would like and more pics PM me and i will get some more.
Travis_edited.jpg
PIC_0034.JPG
IMG_0783_edited.jpg

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice tunnel "RMK", how was the install?:thumbsup2: Did you mod the bulkhead to run a 2.5 track?
Cheers:beerchug:

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
It was a 1992 Polaris 440 bulkhead so when we took to to Rory at Pure Addiction, he put a drop and roll in for us...so now there is room for cloes to 3" lugs. I have a 156" x 15" x 2" lugs, good enough for me. It was areally fun to put the drop brackets on, i started with the back then the front.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That M1 at the Quartz Creek cabin, with the VE tunnel and drop brackets looked sic. I like the powdercoated finish over the polished aluminum too.:cool:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a guide earlier this year who said he has seen lots of CR tunnels bending this year and recommends not carrying fuel on them. Never seen it myself but just putting it out there. It would suck to spend that kind of money on a weak tunnel.

This is news to me. I run twin fuel racks and carry 10 gallons of fuel to cross the Cont. Divide. I'am a fat bastage too:D. We scream all the way in......... broken wheels and rails but never one of C.R. tunnels. 4 C.R.s in our regular group.Just my experience.
009.jpg

013.jpg

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey snotrocket...what are your plans for a new sled?

MCX Nytro or maybe back to a T.B.Apex with a ti-chassis. I'am still keeping the T.B. M1000 for chits and giggles. I'am pretty sure the Warden will make the move to a Nytro.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
CR (Chad) copied his designs from Van Amburg Ent. Call Mike at VE and he'll help you with any ??'s you might have, very personable and helpful. As for colors, anything is possible, even textured coatings. Rory at PA can also help with VE.

Top Bottom