Truck Camper - no power issue

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all, just want to say that I am fairly new to owning a truck camper and don't have the best skills when it comes to figuring out electrical issues...

I recently went camping and every thing was fine, did not have the camper plugged in and was only gone for a couple of days. When I got home, I went to take the camper off the truck and the outside lights were working, however, the camper (inside) was dead. I first thought it was the batteries, but I think if you plug your camper into 110, you should get power, but nothing, still dead, even if the batteries are unhooked. So on Sunday I replaced the power converter and yes it is still dead. This now leads me to maybe a broken cord or maybe there is another fuse somewhere that I do not know about... (I changed out new fuses on the power converter) Could it be that the breaker on the power converter is pooched?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'll try and help but you may have touched on these already. In my truck camper I have a key red in color underneath my kitchen sink that kills all power. This key kills all power so people dont steal the unit. Its on the circuit from the main fuse box. Just this spring I have had batteries go dead every two week. I originally thought it was the inverter pooched. Check all leads and all tests indicated the inverter was okay. As it turns out the tech that winterized my camper accidently unplugged the inverter from the fuse box. Now everything works just fine. The inverter usually have two fuses atop of a inverter to protect from hooking up batteries incorrectly, test them and make sure they are good. I believe they should be 25 amp fuses. Hope it helps.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got her licked! Turns out, my power Output converter was shot and my batteries were dead. Recharged the batteries, and re-opened power converter and saw that I has missed tieing in one wire. Tied it in and we are back in business!

Top Bottom