Truck Break Down In Revy - 2012 dodge diesel-

muddmadness

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope someone can help me. fired up my 2012 dodge this evening to go for supper and at idle the truck seems to sound like the exhaust break is on but not exactly the same sound and now the truck has no power. can anyone give me a suggestion on who in town works on these units or where to go for parts?
thanks

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unplug a sensor on the exhaust in front of the filters to see if any of them are plugged. If they are, exhaust will be shooting out the hole hard.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sounds like one of the turbo inter cooler hoses popped off or split. Check the 4" rubber hoses from turbo to inter cooler and back to the intake runner. Possibly split inter cooler?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like one of the turbo inter cooler hoses popped off or split. Check the 4" rubber hoses from turbo to inter cooler and back to the intake runner. Possibly split inter cooler?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
X3, sounds like a boost leak

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trukars in the Big Eddy ( 731 Haines) or Revelstoke Garage in the industrial park ( powerhouse road )

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizzly Auto right on the main drag, Victoria, they are great.

sledhed88

Reaction score
we had the similar or the same problem in revy as well, took dodge 6 months to figure it out. The exhaust brake was continually cycling and would not build much boost, high egts. Ended up being a corroded plug, after the deletes (even though it was wrapped in ziplock and dielectric grease) Hope it all works out for yeah

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope someone can help me. fired up my 2012 dodge this evening to go for supper and at idle the truck seems to sound like the exhaust break is on but not exactly the same sound and now the truck has no power. can anyone give me a suggestion on who in town works on these units or where to go for parts?
thanks
Sounds like a turbo exhaust valve failure. I have 2011 and have gone through 2 turbos which did the exact same thing, and I found that my fan quit working and my coolant would get hot which intern fried the electronics which is cooled with the coolant.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which electronics would/did your coolant fry?
This is what the mechanic told me whatever controls the exhuast brake I'm assuming as this is all internal. It failed in the on position preventing the motor from getting air and would only run on fuel which spiked the egts instantly!

Top Bottom