Trouble with 2012 Pro RMK

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
Did the dealer tell you what they fixed. My sled did the exact same thing today and I took it in but I am interested to see if they replace the same parts as yours did. Last visit they just dried out and re siliconed my tps. Which fixed nothing. Pretty irritating. Thanks.

Mine did the same thing, didn't work properly until the tps was actually replaced with a new one.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, didn't work properly until the tps was actually replaced with a new one.

Bringing my sled in again for the same issues, they said that they are going to replace the TPS completely instead of just resetting it, other than that my sled runs awesome.

Mtennigkeit

Reaction score
I have a 2012 pro that has been through the ringer. 3 tps replacements, injectors, egt sensor, and finally at 600miles and 9 trips to the shop I received a new top end. I argued with them every time it would hit 8250rpms cold and then no higher than 7200 after a few miles. If the problem occurs this season this might help. My dads 11 had the same issue. Bone stock. Cylinders eventually fell apart and went through the crank case. Catch it before you end up without a sled for a month of the best snow.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You pin your sled when it's cold? - "it would hit 8250rpms cold and then no higher than 7200 after a few miles". Could be your problem for piston damage! Mine takes a few km to just get the coolant to operating temp and then I still take it easy for a couple more.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You pin your sled when it's cold? - "it would hit 8250rpms cold and then no higher than 7200 after a few miles". Could be your problem for piston damage! Mine takes a few km to just get the coolant to operating temp and then I still take it easy for a couple more.

I was thinking the same thing.

Holloway126

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2012 pro with 144 miles. Was wondering if you new what the problem was as it is a year later from the first post.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my sled back from my dealer today and sled is back to normal and rips wicked, just in time to head to Valemount on Wednesday, didn't really matter though cause Four Seasons was going to hook me up with another one to head to Vale, way to go Four Seasons, thanks!

What did your dealer find that caused your issue????

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same, water in the main TPS connection. Unconnect, leave in heated shop for a few days, fill with dialectric geese and reconnect. I taped it up real good so no more moisture could get in there.

Top Bottom