Tri fold ramp or individual 2 piece ramps?

Qub3d

Reaction score
Ok, so the count down has begun. I am picking up the new machine this weekend and I have yet to decide on what kind of ramps to get. The people at the quad store suggest the one piece tri-fold ramp (full length of the tail gate) while I think that the 2 piece full length ramps will suit just fine.

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with either of these? Any advantages or disadvantages to either of these? :confused:

I guess another thing I need to consider is how do I lock this thing down so that it doesn't get stolen? Ideas?

So many choices on accessories I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. I'm still tied up with a choice of helmet.... :)

Thanks in advance to any replies / suggestions you may have.

Apex162

Reaction score
I used the tri-fold ramp as a Hunting Guide for a month 3-4 times a day and worked great. Didn't lock it because it is one of those hidden rules, leave mine alone and I will leave yours alone. :D

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use a tri fold this way i can use it for my sled and quad

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like my 2 ramps. Just for the fact that that some of the newer quads are to big for the tri folds. I know my brute with itps barley fit on my old trifold and now i have the 2 ramps.

steveo

Reaction score
Tri fold are by far the better way to go....... more use out of them.I use mine with my sled.

Sako540

Reaction score
I prefer the tri fold heres why: Trifold are easier to use and you can strap the one peice ramp to the hitch on your truck to stop it from kicking out when loading, it's harder to strap down the 2 peice ramps. I push my quad out of the back of my truck and if the wheels turn a bit on the ramp it won't roll the quad cause the wheels will stay on the ramps, with 2 peice ramps on occasion the wheels have slipped off the ramps and one one occasion ended up rolling a quad (good thing it was a work quad not my own). Stowing the 2 types of ramps is pretty much the same. My two cents.

Qub3d

Reaction score
I got a sweet deal on the 2 ramp setup so I think I'll stick with that for now. I don't have a sled or a deck to load it onto so I'll wait and see. Thanks everyone for the responses!

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a bifold ramp that I use for my quad. Just bought a Ranger so now I had to buy a 2 ramp set as the Ranger is too wide.

Two separate ramps can be used for quad, riding mower, etc when different widths are needed.

Separate ramps are also lighter to move around as you are moving one at a time.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set of tri s from princes auto around 150 they come with chains on both sides so u can connect them to the truck have heard and seen to many of my buds spit out one side of the singles and put the quad on the side of them the tri s arenot rated for the side by sides as we have bent them in the past make sure they are rated for what you are loading and one last thing they are not that heavy hope this helps you out

Top Bottom