Trailer vandalized! Lumberton

taggart

Reaction score
So, on April 3 I pulled a 27 foot vee nose up to the parking lot at Lumberton, yes we should have left it at the bottom, but I assumed the parking lot would have been plowed or the end cleared/left open to turn around, it wasn't. So thanks to a few fellows from Sparwood and Elkford, we hand bombed the trailer around. By this time the parking lot was full, so we moved the truck and trialer off to the side of the parking lot behind a few trucks (with no trailers), there was LOTS of room. I talked to on guy I was parked behind who did have a trailer and asked him if he had enough room to get out, he said he had TONES of room. The other guys (who were already gone) didn't think so. Apon arriving back to our trailer from an awesome ride, we found written on the side of the trailer, wiped through the dirt on black paint, and scratch into the paint, "NICE PARKING AS*H*LE" "GO BACK TO ALBERTA" Needless to say we were PISSED. Especially when half of us were from Kimberley, "go back to alberta", we have probably been riding there for longer then they have, not that that even means anything, I encouage people to come out and enjoy the area, that's why I brought my friends over from alberta. I could go on and on, if any one saw anything PLEASE let me know. Our trailer may need to be painted now.
Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, on April 3 I pulled a 27 foot vee nose up to the parking lot at Lumberton, yes we should have left it at the bottom, but I assumed the parking lot would have been plowed or the end cleared/left open to turn around, it wasn't. So thanks to a few fellows from Sparwood and Elkford, we hand bombed the trailer around. By this time the parking lot was full, so we moved the truck and trialer off to the side of the parking lot behind a few trucks (with no trailers), there was LOTS of room. I talked to on guy I was parked behind who did have a trailer and asked him if he had enough room to get out, he said he had TONES of room. The other guys (who were already gone) didn't think so. Apon arriving back to our trailer from an awesome ride, we found written on the side of the trailer, whiped through the dirt on black paint, and scratch into the paint, "NICE PARKING AS*H*LE" "GO BACK TO ALBERTA" Needless to say we were PISSED. Especially when half of use were from Kimberley, "go back to alberta", we have probably been riding there for longer then they have, not that that even means anything, I encouage people to come out and enjoy the area, that's why I brought my friends over from alberta. I could go on and on, if any one saw anything PLEASE let me know. Our now may need to be painted.
Thanks

Talk to an automotive shop, they might be able to cut polish and then finish polish the paint so you won't need a paintjob.

That's the funny thing about some of these BC folk - they want us to help support their riding areas so they won't lose them, they just don't want us to actually ride there............. hearing things like that makes me embarrased to say I'm from BC, just out here making the big bucks like so many others.

its funny that no one writes their name and phone # as well so they can say it to your face.....

I guess next time write down all the license plates and vehicle descriptions in the parking lot. Pretty sad when sledders start wrecking each others stuff, no wonder our sport is dying. :(

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is just fuggin gay! I would lay such an azzwhoopin if I saw some arrogant little azzhats do that! OOOOH that stuff gets me revved up:mad:

taggart

Reaction score
Yea like modman said, it makes me feel embarassed to say I'm from BC. Like you Modman I came to Alberta for work.

poopow

Reaction score
Yah if they were that upset they could have stuck around and waited till the guys got back to have VOICED their opinion. Instead they took the chicken s**t way out. We Albertans spend a lot of money rideing beautiful B.C and supporting local business. Sure makes you wonder about some people.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suspected the road wouldn't be plowed, since Mainroad hadn't plowed any other side roads yet. Sure glad I went somewhere else! :d

poopow

Reaction score
I figured after a post like the first one someone would own up. I GUESS NOT!!!!!!!!!

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured after a post like the first one someone would own up. I GUESS NOT!!!!!!!!!

pft!!! please. BC'ers ya right. if they did they'd be screwed cuz they cant afford to pay to fix something like that. all the sledders in alberta should just stay in alberta for one season.

then see how they feel about us albertans. half the little bc hick towns would be bankrupt.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
No wonder people hate people as much as we do...

Since most quit riding at about the same time of the day, if someone was really blocked in, they wouldnt have had to wait long...but obviously they werent blocked in as they had already left, like the cowards they are...

We need to start shootin again...go back to the days of the old west...that would be fun, but who would be left LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeeesh! And I thought it was just the cops in B.C. that didn't like us Albertan's.:(

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dose any one have the phone number for the Cranbrook Snowmobile club?

I belong to the club. What would you like me to tell them? We have a meeting tomorrow night. :confused:

Keep in mind that lots of the locals don't belong to the club and always argue over, or outright refuse to pay for a trail pass...unlike our Alberta friends who we never seem to have a problem with. It's always the ignorant minority that give a bad name to the rest of us.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belong to the club. What would you like me to tell them? We have a meeting tomorrow night. :confused:

Keep in mind that lots of the locals don't belong to the club and always argue over, or outright refuse to pay for a trail pass...unlike our Alberta friends who we never seem to have a problem with. It's always the ignorant minority that give a bad name to the rest of us.

you have guys like that too. guys i ride with have no problem with trail fees, always seems like local people in every tourist area hate out of towners, want the cash just not the people, banff, jasper, etc.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have guys like that too. guys i ride with have no problem with trail fees, always seems like local people in every tourist area hate out of towners, want the cash just not the people, banff, jasper, etc.

The locals I'm talking about don't even like the club. They think they should be able to ride Lumberton for free like they did 25 years ago, but they're the first ones to complain if the trail doesn't get groomed, road doesn't get plowed (even though that's out of our control), somebody doesn't park the way they think they should have, etc. Drives me nuts.....short drive though!;)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The locals I'm talking about don't even like the club. They think they should be able to ride Lumberton for free like they did 25 years ago, but they're the first ones to complain if the trail doesn't get groomed, road doesn't get plowed (even though that's out of our control), somebody doesn't park the way they think they should have, etc. Drives me nuts.....short drive though!;)

i know what you mean, idiots, that feel they have extra rights and privileges. like to have others pay for there fun. i can see no reason not to join a club, if that is where you ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom