Trailer cabinets

the450kid

Reaction score
Hey Guys just looking for some opinions, I have a 29.5 enclosed trailer. I am looking at putting some cabinets in. I have a bunch of the Black and decker ones from Canadian tire. Has anyone used these in the past? I am worried about durability and all that good stuff. If anyone know of a good place to have some cabinets made that arent worth a million bucks i would appreaciate some info!

Thanks

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys just looking for some opinions, I have a 29.5 enclosed trailer. I am looking at putting some cabinets in. I have a bunch of the Black and decker ones from Canadian tire. Has anyone used these in the past? I am worried about durability and all that good stuff. If anyone know of a good place to have some cabinets made that arent worth a million bucks i would appreaciate some info!

Thanks
I can make you anything that you want -- but I'm in Calgary!! Cabinet maker by trade. PM if you like.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Your in Rimbey? Go to Red Deer RV, they build custom sled trailers and have all the good stuff in stock. Tow-Rax, custom cabinets etc. They are located just east of the UFA/Mcdonalds on gasoline alley. Prices aren't out to lunch either.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

that stuff is made of particle board, may not last and it's heavy. i looked at it too, but passed. made for a shop not bounced around.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I have them in my 28ft..... If you ever see the sledbunnyracing/snowandmud.com trailer around, ask to see the cabinets..... 1/10th the price of the "real" trailer cabinets, and mine are probably as good or better than them.......... Jus' sayin'

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have them in my 28ft..... If you ever see the sledbunnyracing/snowandmud.com trailer around, ask to see the cabinets..... 1/10th the price of the "real" trailer cabinets, and mine are probably as good or better than them.......... Jus' sayin'
Pics PLEASE !!

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a whole thread on the trailer buildup on the inside somewhere in here...... Full of pics ;)
So that's them -- just 1 white melamine cabinet bolted to the wall?? It looks like about 48" by 24" . Is that close?? Have they stood up to everyday use?? I would think that painted ply would have a longer life.
Cab.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well if you have the b+d cabinets in your trailer and they are holding up, then they should be good, never heard any feed back. :d

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used them in our first trailer.
Good and servicable. The only thing that I found we had to do was put a bungie of sorts on the doors, because the small catch on the bottom of the doors just wasn't enough to hold oils etc in place, doors popped open.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about mounting options, i.e bolting them on so they dont go through the wall... Dumb question maybe but still a question

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about mounting options, i.e bolting them on so they dont go through the wall... Dumb question maybe but still a question

With the B&D cabinets, we mounted them on a 1"x4" and then screwed that to the walls so it would spread the load over three studs for each cabinet, and then cabinet to the 1'x4". Pre drill board so you don't split it, Lg washers on the screw heads as well. Gives it a better finished look and you don't have to worry about the screws pulling through.

Top Bottom