Trail Pass Price

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is rediculous.

if you actually add up the $$ to run just the equipment alone which i can guestimate fairly close being in the industry. ( clearing parking lots / grooming trails ) there is barely enough coin from the 20$ pass for that. let alone the cabins/signage/staff/upgrades/mapping/planning/advertising/brushing etcetcetcetc....

keep in mind a 20$ trail pass for a 6km trail is to offset costs on a 30km trail as it may have the same user #s as the 6km trail area but with 4x the cost.

groomers dont go 100km/h! and they arent free to move either!

BTW. i cant speak for mcbride but my valemount season pass is 175$. only takes 8 riding days to pay it off. not a stretch for most of us

Last edited:

sledman700

Reaction score
You know it is very easy, if you don't want to pay the trail fees then don't go. There there are lots of other areas you can go and pound your way in and out through the mogals, i myself love the fact it takes way shorter time to get in there on a groomed trail and more time actually riding the mountains. You pay 14,000.00 for a sled but to cheap to pay 20.00 bucks give me a break.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kinda goofball bitches about trail costs. You can't be serious. You thinks it's our right to sled in the back country. Without the snowmobile clubs we would be left with No voice. most of the people I ride with pay extra towards the club. When I pay I always leave 10-20$ extra per day. I also donate $500 per yr to the snowmobile club in Revi. If the club was making a ton money then it wouldnt need volenteers to donate tons of free time for sledders.

Andrew

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a guy from Prince George (CTWilly) can talk trash about the McBride community and when local people stand up for themselves they're looked on as chasing away sledders and peoples lively hoods!!!! bullch!t!!! This community does nothing but welcome all visitors winter and summer with open arms!! The snowmobile club does its very best to keep sledding alive in the area especially with very limited funds. And yes last time i looked and that was just last weekend ridership is down and to be exact down 45% from last year. But it sure isn't because the people in McBride are "chasing" people away because ridership is down big time in Valemount and Blue River also. And you know what, if a guy like Mr. Willy came on and ch!t on my community i wouldn't give him a warm welcome either!! Higgins.

Yeah riders in Mcbride is down. Is it due to locals chasing people away I doubt it, Lack of snow till Jan, yes that has something to do with it, the price of fuel possibly, and the fact Alberta has a wack of snow pretty sure that has something to do with it. Get over thinking that the trail pass goes to 1 person people it goes to the club and groomer. No trail pass no groomer or cabins then you would be whining that the club doesn't do upkeep and the trail is the shits. I think this is enough of these posts about whining about trail passes. If you don't like the price take your jacked up truck, turboed sled and four place trailer polish them up, turn them sideways and shove it straight up your candy a$$

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is rediculous.

if you actually add up the $$ to run just the equipment alone which i can guestimate fairly close being in the industry. ( clearing parking lots / grooming trails ) there is barely enough coin from the 20$ pass for that. let alone the cabins/signage/staff/upgrades/mapping/planning/advertising/brushing etcetcetcetc....

keep in mind a 20$ trail pass for a 6km trail is to offset costs on a 30km trail as it may have the same user #s as the 6km trail area but with 4x the cost.

groomers dont go 100km/h! and they arent free to move either!

BTW. i cant speak for mcbride but my valemount season pass is 175$. only takes 8 riding days to pay it off. not a stretch for most of us

I guess this is a bit of a change, 2 years ago there were this many threads about how crappy the trails were, not enough grooming. This year I don't think I've seen one thread about poor trails, just 15 with people whining about having to pay. Seems people just gotta bitch....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of it is understanding and education. only a select few that are close to the club or spend alot of time in these locations ACTUALLY know whats involved in maintaining a riding area. the rest have no idea. they pay there 20$ and really dont understand where that 20$ goes and why its required. 95% dont have any issue with it and unfortunately there are some that do. when i take new people to the hills they pay there 20$ but usually have questions for me. once its explained they are very understanding and that is the end of that. i remember one particular cabin that had a sign that said "where is your 20$ going" and listed all the costs of the operation for the season.

sunshine

Reaction score
I agree Maxwell, people automatically "assume" that the $20 is all going to the snowmobile club, and that they are getting all this money. Well little do they know that the club only gets a fraction, and a small one at that. People sure like a cabin to keep warm be able to have a BBQ to cook there stuff on, a heater to dry their stuff out......all of that cost money. So until you really know how much money the club actually gets you should not point fingers about the cost. Some don't take into consideration the time it takes to up keep that cabin, they if it is not in good shape or there is no propane, they are the first to complain. Just my 2cents, cause i do know the people that put the time into maintaining these cabins in McBride, and it is all volunteer, and they don't complain to have to do it either.

Reaction score
What kinda goofball bitches about trail costs. You can't be serious. You thinks it's our right to sled in the back country. Without the snowmobile clubs we would be left with No voice. most of the people I ride with pay extra towards the club. When I pay I always leave 10-20$ extra per day. I also donate $500 per yr to the snowmobile club in Revi. If the club was making a ton money then it wouldnt need volenteers to donate tons of free time for sledders.

Andrew

Well said! Speaking from experience... the thousands of hours, blood, sweat, tears, sled and quad repairs that our family has made over the years to open up trails, maintain trails and run events are the real benefit to any area that offers the 'priviledge' of back country sports. The formation and operation of Clubs make it easier for lobbying and purchasing club equipment but in NO WAY are they ever profitable to the members or clubs.
If anyone doesn't want to pay the fees and leave a little extra behind, maybe they should take up a different sport... oh but wait I betcha any sport relys heavily on volunteers and donations. The easy part for some is forking out $13,000 + for the machine, gear, etc... where do they think they are going to ride! Let me guess it's the bitchers that are wrecking everything for the rest of us... getting areas closed, leaving their trash behind, having lawyers on speed-dial.
We're heading to McBride on the 14th... and we would like to say in advance THANK YOU to ALL THE VOLUNTEERS, The Club, Merchants and the Community for making this sport possible for the public!!!!!

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Being a new B&B operator in McBride this year I must commend all the volunteers and all the people that donated to our club for the great year so far. I am not going to mention names you all know who you are and a big thanks and hats off to you all thanks again

Leona
At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Rd
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

Top Bottom