Trail Mishap March 15

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well anyone wondering about the accident on the begging of the trail to renshaw here it is.

Rachel form our snowmobile club (Fort Saskatchewan Snow Angels) went off the trail and into the river bank. She rode the sled down too and into a tree. Thank god she was very lucky and got away with some minor scrapes and bruses and a chipped tooth. She had sore ribs but was checked out at the hospital and was ok. Thanks for everyones help that stopped and helped. Good job to the young one that stopped all the riders to warn them ahead.

The sled on the other hand didn't look to good.

Attachments

• march 073 (Small).jpg
    march 073 (Small).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 306
  • march 074 (Small).jpg
    march 074 (Small).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 289
  • march 075 (Small).jpg
    march 075 (Small).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 301
  • march 076 (Small).jpg
    march 076 (Small).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 295
  • march 077 (Small).jpg
    march 077 (Small).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 288
  • march 079 (Small).jpg
    march 079 (Small).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its only a sled and can be repaired, i'm glad to hear she wasn't seriously hurt.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad that she is OK now the BAD news. Thats my old sled I sold it to them for Rachel. Sleds can be fixed kids take a little more work. Glad your ok Rachel now get to work and fix it. Did someone say a Dad and Daughter sled rebuild project

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
:(Sad story:(.... Hope the lady is doing OK. Is that 'Rachel' in the forth pic ? What she hit, Something on the trail or is that what Ric said about the wobble thing....... At first I thought It was Knight from the first pictures he put up on another thread. :)

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Ron:

Happy to hear Rachel was checked out and is okay.... I'm very happy she was not more seriously hurt....

Well anyone wondering about the accident on the begging of the trail to renshaw here it is.

Rachel form our snowmobile club (Fort Saskatchewan Snow Angels) went off the trail and into the river bank. She rode the sled down too and into a tree. Thank god she was very lucky and got away with some minor scrapes and bruses and a chipped tooth. She had sore ribs but was checked out at the hospital and was ok. Thanks for everyones help that stopped and helped. Good job to the young one that stopped all the riders to warn them ahead.

The sled on the other hand didn't look to good.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
:(Sad story:(.... Hope the lady is doing OK. Is that 'Rachel' in the forth pic ? What she hit, Something on the trail or is that what Ric said about the wobble thing....... At first I thought It was Knight from the first pictures he put up on another thread. :)

SHE TOLD US SHE IT AN ICE/ROCK CHUNK ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE TRAIL AND IT SHOT HER OFF TO THE RIGHT HARD.... YOU CAN SEE THE END RESULTS........ THE LATE INCIDENT(ON THE WAY OUT), HAD NOEL GETTING A SPEED WOBBLE OVER THE VERY VERY ROUGH TRAIL AND HE ENDO'D AND ROLLED AND BROKE HIS COLLAR BONE LENGTHWISE(OUCH)...

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THE LATE INCIDENT(ON THE WAY OUT), HAD NOEL GETTING A SPEED WOBBLE OVER THE VERY VERY ROUGH TRAIL AND HE ENDO'D AND ROLLED AND BROKE HIS COLLAR BONE LENGTHWISE(OUCH)...

We had supper and drinks with Noel and Darcy. He seemed in good spirits...but I'm sure when the hospital drugs wore off he was feeling a little worse for the wear.:stretcher:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
We had supper and drinks with Noel and Darcy. He seemed in good spirits...but I'm sure when the hospital drugs wore off he was feeling a little worse for the wear.:stretcher:

Ya I'm not sure what they gave him at the hospital but he popped one for the 5 hour trip home and pretty much just sat there with a perma grin and a little druel running down his chin ALL the way home :D:achillpill:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
When we came upon Noel he was darn shook up. Thanks to the guy who was there with him. I strapped his fuel can on and he rode back real slow. That boy was a hurtn'
He told me he was flying down the trail when his skis started to wobble and the next thing he new he was on the trail beside his sled. His bars were bent, hood cracked and I wouldn't be surprised if he damaged his tunnel.
Hope you feeling OK Noel.
Cheerz from the Bunny Crew.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
well im happy everyone is okay. And in a few years it will be a god story to tell

700Sleddergirl

Reaction score
This was in fact me, and I am indeed fine. With a concussion and a few sore ribs... a chipped tooth or to, I am indeed doing fine. The last few days have been a little sore and I think i had one to many trips to the doctors office but other then that im good. More moarning abount my broken sled that i am about my booboo's. Thanks to everyone who who helped me out... And to the guys who were draggin my sled outta my hole..... and a special thanks to the individual who assisted me with his first aid. I wasnt exactly the easiest to monitor as i was trying to drag my own sled outta there but he was very patient with me and for that i thank him. Haha its nice to see everyone is very concerned and im pretty sure im not gonna live this crash down.... the last ones were memorable but ill be carrying this one with me for a little while. If you have anymore questions u can email me but other then that I am doing well and thanks again to everyone! Rachelle.

Sawdust

Reaction score
This is Rachelle's mom, I just really wanted to thank the fellow on the orange sled (Gerald or Jerramy), who did first aid on Rachelle. It was great to have some one like you around that took control and made a bad situation better. In my mined you made the situation a whole lot easier. Thank you it was, and still is greatly appreciated, and not soon forgotten. Ride safe everyone...

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WELCOME TO THE SITE DARLA... IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! GLAD TO HEAR THE YOUNGIN' IS OKAY, AND THAT THE ONLY SEVERE DAMAGE WAS THE SLED.... SLEDS CAN BE REBUILT OR PARTED OUT, BUT SURE DIFFERENT WHEN A YOUNGIN'S INVOLVED. TOO BAD THE WEEKEND WAS CUT SHORT, BUT OURS WAS TOO, WITH MY 1000 DOO BLOWIN' THE ENGINE. SEE YA AT THE NEXT MEETIN'.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
A few more photos from the accident...Glad to hear your all right Rachelle and Darla, you had my ears twiching you were so stressed (just for awhile).

So...Rachelle, what's happening with the sled, is it being fixed and when is the next trip?

Attachments

• IMG_9416_1.jpg
    IMG_9416_1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9418_1.jpg
    IMG_9418_1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_9419_1.jpg
    IMG_9419_1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_9420_1.jpg
    IMG_9420_1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 140

nosadchuk

Reaction score
the fine art of the woop speed wobble;its a rare and ugly creature that just so happend to rear its ugly head just the other day.i think the most valuable lesson learned was"slow the hell down in the woop's".i appreciate everyones help in this ego bruising disaster;however that will be the end of my sledding season for this year.i am currently holding down my couch with the company of some very fine pain killers.in regards to the ride on saturday;thank you all very much for your hospitality and for guiding us into some of the best riding that i have done to date.i look forward to maybe doing some quadding this summer with you guys and definitly more sledding next year. Thanks for everything!

Top Bottom