polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they were a couple of weeks and were in good shape at that time
but not sure as to what they are like now with the warm stuff
but they did get more snow this week as well

crowdoo

Reaction score
ya was in there today groomer was going that was until he blew a hyd line lost all his oil .gave him a ride out to road to get new hose and oil.went in as far as the atlas shelter.really not that good..trying corbin tomorrow

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 45

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have updates on trail conditions at atlas we are heading there on 13th-15

Maclintock

Reaction score
Was their a week ago Sunday and it is brutal!!!!!!! We have not had any snow their since then. The sledding in the pass is really crappy ( Need 5 feet plus at least w/o wind for a few days to get it packed down. The corbin area has more snow , but talked to a couple guys who went out this weekend to Barnes and said it sucked.
Off to revy tommorrow for 4 days as I would head their or Golden if I were you, because we were their on Fri/Sat ( and it was awesome.)
Also I here that Valemount and Mcbride are even better from friends in Edmonton.
Their is no snow in the long range forcast for the pass at least until Sat (Flurries).

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was down at the beacon find with amber wood on saturday

they are logging along the road so the trail in has some rough spots
(staged at atlas) but once we got by that there was a decent amount of snow ...
but same as everywhere else we could use a couple of good dumps to make it real good

hope this helps ya

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat: rode to the plane crash and york creek - trails in good shape but so very little snow!

Sun: Rode corbin - same deal good trails but they need a pile of snow for it to be fun. I've never seen so little snow up there! Got into rain guage and played in the trees a bit. A couple boys put on a crash-up derby show for a while on a cornice then we went home. :)

Looked at the road in to Alexander - NO snow at the bottom so we didn't go up.

Good luck,
Pistonbroke

topomountain

Reaction score
How do you get in to the plane crash site and where is the staging area for that looking to go for a nice ride this thursday or over the weekend

Maclintock

Reaction score
York staging area behind Coleman. Just follow the signs into lower Coleman ( Bushtown) Just follow the road South from the staging area, and keep going right when you cross the bridge. Just follow that going right.

Maclintock

Reaction score
Powder Chowder

None whatsoever...... We have not had snow in a big accumulation of over 10 centimeters since Friday January 9th and Corbin has not had any in accumulations of over 10 centimeters since Wednesday Jan 14th. ( acouple centimeters here and their) I am going out to test some mods on my sled tommorrow, and will let you know if it is icy or what. I think we will go York and then back to the cabin and maybe Lost. (ON THE TRAILS)

had a couple buddies in revy and Golden last th,fr.sa,su,mo and they said it was great.

They are calling for Flurries Thursday, Sunday and Snow on Monday here, but I will believe it when I see it. Man I sure hope so as it has really been bad this season , and if we do not get 4-5 feet by the end of February to at least base it up, we will be hooped.

Maclintock

Reaction score
Hey PC was thinking of doing a trip to Valemount and Mcbride later this year ( Or maybe sooner than I think if the NO SNOW keeps up here). How has it been or have you been this year. I heard it is great?????

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey mac we will be riding york on sat and atlas or corbin on sun if you are interested in going for a ride pm me your number

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Corbin Poker rally on sunday so if there is anything to groom, I know that Archie will be grooming the trail sunday.
There are some people going down there from Edmonton already that I know of.

Maclintock

Reaction score
Hey PC, I will not be around on the weekend ( Revelstoke). But good news is that they are calling for upwards of 20 plus Cent in the next 4 days ( I will believe it when I see it). Sure hope that comes as The Pass trails need it desperately. At least in the Corbin Area their is not a bad base in the trees, but they need this snow as well.

have fun and be safe.

Maclintock

Reaction score
NONE!!! Man this sucks, it had called for 3 days of Flurries and snow on Tuesday but that changed on Wednesday. Now just flurries. castle Mtn is calling for 20 CM's in the next 2 days but that is a load of crap as I have looked on all weather vices and maybe 2-3 cm ( They are in big trouble as they have terrible conditions despite their BS reports. I had a couple buddies up their testing skiis yesterday and they said it Sucked. Whereas the HONEST guys at Castle said it was a great day and got rave reviews from the testers.
Fernie at least is not calling for any snow on their site (Flurries).
I hope I am wrong and something blows in.
Be safe out Their.
I talked to an old guy who traps, and he said he cannot rememeber a year for a long time like this one where their is only max of a ft in most areas in the back country and in a lot of open places ( Cutblocks) 2-3 inches.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That does not sound good, you should have just lie ed to mac atleast i would feel better for the moment lol.
Have fun in revy been there twice this year they have good snow.

Top Bottom