Tracks Canada won't sell me a 3" track unless I install the extended chaincase?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Re: Tracks Canada won't sell me a 3" track unless I install the extended chaincase?

NM what do you run for track tension.... i too am a beliver that the tension is the key in problems. We got a XP in out group with many miles on a 7th 3" and nothing yet.

ps.... where is tuktoyuktuk?
They are really tight. They just come off the sliders when the rear is lifted and that is on a 174.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Re: Tracks Canada won't sell me a 3" track unless I install the extended chaincase?

Haha!!!Just thinking the same thing.Never met Curtis or Hemi(even though I've been to Tuk).Or had anything to do with Tracks Canada,but from what I've read in this thread he sounds like a bit of a dick and must be independently wealthy cause it sure doesn't sound like he's trying to promote his business.LMFAO!
someone kinda sounds like Sledavola, but not as bad

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

One guy posts a negative comment and the usual verbale diarrhea keyboard trolls come out in full force. I just confirms what this site really is all about.
I have personally bought several tracks and have sent friends to get tracks from Curtis, not one of us had any bad issues or comments whatsoever. Thanks Curtis, see you in the future

For every 3 keyboard trolls there is one nut swinger....congratulations on this. I have never met or bought from him, but after reading his defense/reply's, I don't think I will be anytime soon.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

to finish this post off, the 9116 3 inch track was a poorly made track with paddles delaminating from the track, in the last two or so years, i have went threw three tracks, all the same issues, and just like anything, i was told off the start i was the only one having issues, then latter fining out we all had issues, so much so that they have quit making that track model number and tried a different process all together... the seven tooth driver thought wa just a story to bye time... the 174 three inch track with seven tooth drivers worked fine

now what made the problem even worse is the warrenty, CP warrenty seamed to be different between dealers, or the dealers thought it was because some warrenty claims were handled diffrenly..

with the first warrenty claim i was told to take pictures and send them to the dealer, he would then forward them to CP along with my invoice, and await approal, then weeks to a month latter, he would let me know if it was a canidate for warrenty... now if its a candiate then you must take the track off in one peice(another words you can't just cut the track off or JUST A serial number) and send the entire track back to (YOU KNOW WHO) along with 2-3hundred dollars for shipping cost back to CP, as your sled will sit trackless (and at this point there is still no garrentee that your track will will be warenty) and if its not, then you will need to pay for shipping back to you know who for another couple hundred

i was not allowed to drive to the states and send it from there for 1/4 of the cost... and the only way that i had to drive my sled in the in time it was in warrenty process was to purchase another track and that is why i did(he mentioned that the first warrenty claims were not settled in almost a year and this was CP warrenty process) by the time i had sent back the warrenty track it fell past the two year window, whitch was started after four months of owning the track

there was also a few months that it took him to have another 3 inch track to replace itho i took off

i then found that the other cdn dealer in the east takes a picture of track, and after warrenty is aproved, the serial number is cut out of the track, and sent to CP, his last claims took less than a month for payment... track usa told me the same story, the CP rep also repeted this

i deal wih alot of business and manufactures and have never heard a warrenty like that, was a good lessen in life and wil not happin again

Last edited:

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So moral of the story is dont buy a track from tracks canada?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

bought a camo extreme from Curtis a few years back. no problems here.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

bought a camo extreme from Curtis a few years back. no problems here.

Same here.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Last few sleds we've had have all been equipped with Camo Extremes supplied by Tracks Canada. Thank you Curtis for the great service and great price - the next track we need will also be bought from you.

the450kid

Reaction score

I have been dealing with tracks Canada for the past seven years and have had excellent service. Curtis goes the extra mile for his customers. Keep up the great service!!!

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So I sold my 2012 and figured i'd order up a new 3" from Curtis. first question he asks me is " do you have the extended chaincase"? I tell him no " i'm just using the 7 tooth drivers". He then says he wont sell to me because of too many warranty issue from guys only using the smaller drivers and each warranty claim costs him $100.

Thoughts?

where's the best ( cheapest ) place to buy the track and drivers? Other than these guys

Specialty $1229.00 for track and $399.00 for drivers.

Absolute Power $1300.00 for track and $350 for drivers.

Give china a call if u want cheap

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

been dealing with tracks canada for years aswell. purchased many many tracks. always a good transaction but pretty dissapointed i cant buy 3" anymore for my skidoo. o well.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score

this thread is waaayyy different than yesterday

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You noticed that to? Lol. Looks like the mods had a heyday with the thread. I lost a post and all I said was "well that was an interesting couple hours....." Pretty threatening stuff.:rolleyes:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well it only took 12 pages for some good feedback lol...

but I am sure tracks canada aka HEMI aka CUrtis has sold many of tracks to happy customers I wont challange that I just find his responses a bit odd to say the least

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The guy who owns tr____ canada sure comes across as a classy chap.

Not how I would run my business, but hey, it's a free market.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy who owns tr____ canada sure comes across as a classy chap.

Not how I would run my business, but hey, it's a free market.

Put yourself in his shoes. The Internet is bad for business when people come on slamming someone and not telling the full story. Not saying anyone did but its very frustrating as a business owner to get the phone call " hey have you seen snowandmud lately" uh oh. Lol

He sells thousands of tracks to thousands of different people and of course there will be the odd sour guy. Seen that on this site many of times with very reputable establishments.

Last edited:
Top Bottom