Top End Bog

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheveron Supreme 91 has ethanol in it, Chev 94 does not. Shell 91 is Good as well.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be the other way around? I thought they added more octane to ethanol fuel to compensate.. Agreed on shell.. V-power all the way lol

Sent from a phone likely at work

gopher-it!

Reaction score
Another interesting thing we are seeing requarding the bog is under reving. Mine a 2011 started the bog at 400 miles chased it to 800 miles finally put a new fuel filter in and bog is gone. Have 1200 miles now. Tried some different clutching and ran rpms all day at 8500 to 8550 no bog. Next day swapped helix to steeper angle , pulled hard but rpms started to drop. Hit 7850 on the tach and sled went into the now famous bog. I thought dont tell me its back. Put the shallower helix back in, loaded up the weights a bit and now pulling 8200 -8100. Not one hicup. Also note the other pro 2011 in our group has had the bog since new. I ran his last ride in waist deep snow and running a track ,made no difference it bogged intermitenly, but when you looked at tach it was in the 7800 rpm range. It may be these motors dont like to be loaded hard at this low of opperation? Just something else to look at.Good luck

Assaulter

Reaction score
Well....I changed the plugs and gapped them to Polaris specs, checked the wires etc. Tried running different Fuel without ethanol as well. Rode the sled and did some Resistor plug tests. I changed over to the ethanol plug, and the bog actually got worse, and started running rich. Changed back to the Non ethanol plug, and it woke up again, but bog is still there. It seems that when I'm riding down the trail at an even rpm, it sounds like it has a miss? As soon as I squeeze the throttle just a bit, it clears up. It could be the sound of the Jaw's can I have on it, and maybe I'm just not used to it? I talked to Sea to Sky Motorsports, and they said to bring it in, so they can do some test's. Sled is off Warranty, so it looks like it will be all on my dime, when and if they find the problem. I don't know boy's....this is not what I expected to be dealing with, when I spent $15,000 on a new Sled!! Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Assaulter

Reaction score
Just to add, it doesn't seem to want to get over 7900 RPM's either. It has hit 8100 once or twice, but I have never had it bounce off the Rev Limiter. Usually because it bogs before it get's up there first. Clutches have been reshimmed, rebuttoned and belt deflection adjusted to Polaris specs bang on. Primary spring isn't broken, and clutches are clean as a whistle.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i get back to work on monday I will attach a diagnostic form to this thread. its a form from Polaris to diagnose a bog in 2011 Polaris 800's. We have had to use it a couple times and it has worked each time. You just need to follow it like it says.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was in valemount the start of this week ( rode mon, tues, wed) supper deep snow and my sled started to do the bog thing again a bit ... a few time be climbing and it would cut out as well as it didnt seem to want to rev up 7800- 7900 rpm was the most it would go .... the week before colder weather and not nearly the snow, same area was running awesome 8150 rpm all day ... wondering if rolling the sled over in the deep snow and always have snow around the gauge and what not causing it to short out a bit or something...
or it could be the stupid tps needs to be re adjusted again???

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well....I changed the plugs and gapped them to Polaris specs, checked the wires etc. Tried running different Fuel without ethanol as well. Rode the sled and did some Resistor plug tests. I changed over to the ethanol plug, and the bog actually got worse, and started running rich. Changed back to the Non ethanol plug, and it woke up again, but bog is still there. It seems that when I'm riding down the trail at an even rpm, it sounds like it has a miss? As soon as I squeeze the throttle just a bit, it clears up. It could be the sound of the Jaw's can I have on it, and maybe I'm just not used to it? I talked to Sea to Sky Motorsports, and they said to bring it in, so they can do some test's. Sled is off Warranty, so it looks like it will be all on my dime, when and if they find the problem. I don't know boy's....this is not what I expected to be dealing with, when I spent $15,000 on a new Sled!! Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I agree with this statement mine also sounds like this, BUT i don't have the bog. One thing to check is that your plug wires are plugged on good and tight, had this happen to me and it bogged at high rpms. Another thing to check is the connection of your tether ( if you have one) this will also cause a bogging issue.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was in valemount the start of this week ( rode mon, tues, wed) supper deep snow and my sled started to do the bog thing again a bit ... a few time be climbing and it would cut out as well as it didnt seem to want to rev up 7800- 7900 rpm was the most it would go .... the week before colder weather and not nearly the snow, same area was running awesome 8150 rpm all day ... wondering if rolling the sled over in the deep snow and always have snow around the gauge and what not causing it to short out a bit or something...
or it could be the stupid tps needs to be re adjusted again???

sled is probably choking for air.

crowsfeet

Reaction score
Same as you but I haven't flipped the resistor yet.400 flawless km on she'll premium

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, how do u think ford or gm would Treat a situation like this ? I can tell u one thing it would be fixed the firstTime around and u would never see of it again Not keep taking it in and geting the ,I don't know try this ,On your time and dime , I am not happy with way it been Handled at all by Polaris To top it all of I got the wife a new rmk 144 for Xmass toLolI guess I am in it for the long haul Weights will only dictate rpm and rev limitersBut this engine should run with no cut outs from 0-8000rpmIt's not right Hope they find an fix this year LolAnd en

Assaulter

Reaction score
That would be much appreciated Only Polaris! I totally agree with you MarkCos! I have been a faithful Polaris guy my whole life, and I am not impressed with Polaris Customer Service, or Polaris Industries period! My sled only has 443 Km's on it, and because it's off warranty now, they have denied my claim to fix whatever problem they find. In my opinion, they are not standing behind their product, or their customers! I have been kicking around the idea of trading it off on a new XP, but I rode one on the weekend, and frankly I didn't like the ride, or steering compared to my Pro. It pulled hard, but that was about the only thing I liked about it. I want to stick this out until I find a fix for it, but I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with the Bullsh** I'm receiving from Polaris!.....What do you expect for $15,000 eh?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sorry assulter i dont understand how your sled is off warrenty already?? i have 4 year warrenty and i thought when a guy snowchecked one you recieved at least 2 years ...care to explain??

3pinripper

Reaction score
Anyone have anything new to add to this thread? I drove 25 hours from Colorado to Pemberton only to have my recoil break the 2nd day here. Took it to Sea To Sky in Langley and they fixed the recoil. Next day out my top end was bogging right away. Thought if I got up higher it might quit (I know EFI is supposed to auto correct this, but...) and it still bogged. It is not the ethanol plug. Switched it out and still bogged. Tried all the plug connections under the hood too, all are tight. I have different clutch weights, but it ran fine the first day here without any mod's or adjustments from my normal setup and I ride at 10,000 ft in the States at home. Just put new plugs in 300 miles ago, the caps on those are tight as well. I will be at the dealer at 9 am tomorrow. 4 days down in my 9 day trip so far. Next time I'll be sure to bring a sled that can be serviced locally!

Assaulter

Reaction score
Is your Pro an 11 or 12 3 Pin? It sounds like your having the same crap going on as the rest of us....but most Polaris Dealerships are saying that they are hardly seeing any 11 or 12 Pro's come into their shops with problems! I'm calling BS by all the threads I've seen with these machines to date!

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their a bunch BS' ers , lol. it's got to be a big problem. And every one that has not Had a cut out prob will sooner or later I bet my warranty time on it. Lol

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have anything new to add to this thread? I drove 25 hours from Colorado to Pemberton only to have my recoil break the 2nd day here. Took it to Sea To Sky in Langley and they fixed the recoil. Next day out my top end was bogging right away. Thought if I got up higher it might quit (I know EFI is supposed to auto correct this, but...) and it still bogged. It is not the ethanol plug. Switched it out and still bogged. Tried all the plug connections under the hood too, all are tight. I have different clutch weights, but it ran fine the first day here without any mod's or adjustments from my normal setup and I ride at 10,000 ft in the States at home. Just put new plugs in 300 miles ago, the caps on those are tight as well. I will be at the dealer at 9 am tomorrow. 4 days down in my 9 day trip so far. Next time I'll be sure to bring a sled that can be serviced locally!

Its possible that when your recoil blew up it damaged the stator. have seen it lots.

In the last 2 years we have had 3 pro ride sleds come in for bogging issues. 1 rmk assault and 2 rushs. Sorry I forgot to attach that sheet at work today. I will try to tomorrow.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into this issue at Allen on Saturday. Kind of unnerving when it falls flat on its face as you are trying to climb.(I have enough trouble when it works properly).

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here is the diagnostic sheet. There are bits and pieces of it yo can try yourself. But some you oviously can't do.

Attachments

• 2011 800 Diagnostic Sheet.pdf
    49.2 KB · Views: 177
Top Bottom