Top 5 Accessories

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why a lefty throttle is recommended for a dude that rides SK except for twice a year :dunno:

If your ridin in the mountains and don't ride anywhere that a lefty throttle would be useful, maybe you aren't the one who should be answering this question lol

Living/riding in the mountains and therefore seeing alot of extreme mountain riders...I'm always curious about the lefty and look to see who has them...and not many have a lefty throttle :headscratch3:

X 2, I'm pretty sure Brad Story, Dan Davidoff, and those folks don't use left hand throttle kits... But like the Arborist says, "if you need them, you need them.

In 'Schooled', Rasmussen has nothing good to say about lefty throttles.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your ridin in the mountains and don't ride anywhere that a lefty throttle would be useful, maybe you aren't the one who should be answering this question lol

I ve likely rode the mountains more times than 90% of the people on here,and think lefty throttles are way more trouble than their worth. Only my opinion.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keeo it stock with some bolt on accessories, less mechanical issues that way. The best thing i did on a new o9/xp was the muff pot, nothing like a hot lunch up on the mountain

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keeo it stock with some bolt on accessories, less mechanical issues that way. The best thing i did on a new o9/xp was the muff pot, nothing like a hot lunch up on the mountain

Once again X 2 on the muffpot "nothing like a hot lunch on the mountain" thats why I'm fatguy1. (at least thats what I'm blaming it on.)

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why a lefty throttle is recommended for a dude that rides SK except for twice a year :dunno:

Living/riding in the mountains and therefore seeing alot of extreme mountain riders...I'm always curious about the lefty and look to see who has them...and not many have a lefty throttle :headscratch3:

In 'Schooled', Rasmussen has nothing good to say about lefty throttles.

Well I certainly wouldnt dare suggest I am or will ever be in the same"school" let alone the same class as Brad Story or Rasmussen or Davidoff, but it works for me. I wouldn't have a sled without it. If ya see the General this winter, lets take a rip. Theres nothin like kickin ass in training wheels :p

seriously though, ice scratchers is something else you might consider

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1)Powder Jack
2) Sno-Bunjee
3)Tow Rope
4)Shovel
5)Satellite Phone
:beer::d

Now thats a list for a newbie mountain rider.;) By the sound of it if you ride with BC Sno-ghost you may what a muff pot full of energy food as well!:d

If ya see the General this winter, lets take a rip. Theres nothin like kickin ass in training wheels :p

Not sure why you are callin out Tam when it was me that gave you the "training wheel" shot, but you stepped in it now!
You lead, she follows, we shall see!... all in fun... but you may what to pack a tissue to wipe away your tears.:p:d

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an '09 summit and these are the first five I did
1)DJ clutch kit
2) had an MBRP can when I picked it up as dealer demo
3)tunnel reinforcement
4)fuel caddy
5)travel cover....buy the good one

then I kept going
6)venting
7)floating clutch
8)terra alps head and y-pipe
9)2.5 camo extreme
10)heavier rear springs(235lbs without gear0
11)muff pot(got rid of a little insulation on the pipe to turn it into a cooker, not a warmer.
12)ice scratchers
13)11`inch riser (6`1``)
14)dropped a gear on the top

I think that`s it but man is it a fun sled:d

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
If I owned a xp this is what I'd do for mountain riding.

1. Clutching and gearing.
2. Swaybar disconected and aftermarket skis.
3. 2.5 in. track 154 or 163
4. Oil injection disconect.
5. Supercharger, (powderlites built).

Now that's one fun sled!

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(Trees are beautiful creations, but they better learn to move if they want to stay that way)

hahaha I love it I'm a bit of a tree junkie myself
sorry got caught on the arborists nic

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(Trees are beautiful creations, but they better learn to move if they want to stay that way)

hahaha I love it I'm a bit of a tree junkie myself
sorry got caught on the arborists nic

TREES are for TRACTION!!!:d

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
1-Can
2-Clutch Kit
3-Vent Kit
4-Quick Clickers
5-Skis

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Now thats a list for a newbie mountain rider.;) By the sound of it if you ride with BC Sno-ghost you may what a muff pot full of energy food as well!:d

Not sure why you are callin out Tam when it was me that gave you the "training wheel" shot, but you stepped in it now!
You lead, she follows, we shall see!... all in fun... but you may what to pack a tissue to wipe away your tears.:p:d

Oops your right, Sorry Taminator. But Arborist you obviously understood that it was a response to you. Yes this is in good fun. But like I said it works for me.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X 2, I'm pretty sure Brad Story, Dan Davidoff, and those folks don't use left hand throttle kits... But like the Arborist says, "if you need them, you need them.

i'm pretty sure you don't ride like them either, if a left throttle helps use it. it's up to you.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the top 5 would be

Something to put beer in
Something to carry beer in
(yes these are two different item, never enough beer)
Muff Pot
Fuel storage if it doesn't interfere with beer storage
Reverse

Top Bottom