To remove the kill switch or not?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit the kill switch again by accident, even with the rubber bands on.....

So I was thinking of removing the kill switch on my T3 and just shrink wrapping the wires back so the circuit is always open and then just use the tether to shut it off.

Anyone see a downside in dooing so?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, never had a problem with the tether getting in the way surprisingly. Have turned it under just to have it depressed by some trees I was trying to murder......

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rust

Reaction score
IMG_3785.jpg

Moved mine onto the riser.

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
I just turned mine down as well, but the riser relocation mod is the best option I've seen. Wouldn't want to lose the kill switch all together.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install a fly billet kill switch or munster makes one now also. First thing I removed on my skidoo. They are dirtbike style and recessed so cannot be broke off.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fly failed after one season of riding and now does not work... was put away working

**** hey, warranty haha. Pulling mine out for the first ride this weekend hope it works. at $30 cheaper then replacing factory anyways.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turned mine down as well. Have yet to hit it, and I ride the trees lots trying to chase oler1234...

Rust

Reaction score
That's the best I have seen so far
How did you mount that?
Drill and tap?

Thanks, there is a cross piece in the riser that its clamped to. But had to put a small piece of foam around the cross piece then I took a piece of 3/4" ish hard plastic tube and cut it to fit then cut it length wise and spread to get it over the foam. Took a few tries to get it, and its not super tight but it can't go anywhere and it never gets hit. I can take a better picture of it you want.

• Thanks
Reactions: K45

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, there is a cross piece in the riser that its clamped to. But had to put a small piece of foam around the cross piece then I took a piece of 3/4" ish hard plastic tube and cut it to fit then cut it length wise and spread to get it over the foam. Took a few tries to get it, and its not super tight but it can't go anywhere and it never gets hit. I can take a better picture of it you want.
Thanks for the offer but I have a pretty good idea of what you did.

Thanks!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just installed the Munster kill switch, had mine turned forward and smashed the crap out of it,replaced it with Munster and it works sweet and is built solid as a guy could ask for!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Just installed the Munster kill switch, had mine turned forward and smashed the crap out of it,replaced it with Munster and it works sweet and is built solid as a guy could ask for!

Hmmm, how did you smash them up?
Maybe I'll turn my upside down.

Let it Snow....Let it Snow......Let it Snow

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try using an o-ring, they tend to get a bit hard when it's cold and they hold up a lot better than rubber bands, that's what I use.

Top Bottom