Tires for 2011 Chevy 2500

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 airbags went in one weekend and the leveling kit the next weekend

Going to do the same thing prob next week (2011 gmc) going with new keys, and air bags, currently running aftermarket rims and 275-65-18's, want to put on 285-70-18'
should be able to do the bags and keys (without c-arms) for about 1200 bucks out the shop, then dish out the money for rubber.
:beer:mark

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many km do you get out of a set and do they howl on the pavement i was looking at the same size yesterday as i can not get duratracs as there is over 500 on backorder right now

I did about 40,000 km on my last 1 ton with them on and still had more than halfish of the tread left. All hiway and a little trailer pulling. I do not find they howl bad I have had alot worse I like them enough that I went with them again. I have heard guys will get 70 to 90,000 km, but dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did about 40,000 km on my last 1 ton with them on and still had more than halfish of the tread left. All hiway and a little trailer pulling. I do not find they howl bad I have had alot worse I like them enough that I went with them again. I have heard guys will get 70 to 90,000 km, but dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
so far the dick cepeck. Fc2 is my second choice I have a set of duratracs on order if they get here soon enough (275-65-20) but they are on back order apparently (500 tires behind ) only problem with he fc2 is they are only rated for 65 psi and then the stupid tire sensor light will be on

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far the dick cepeck. Fc2 is my second choice I have a set of duratracs on order if they get here soon enough (275-65-20) but they are on back order apparently (500 tires behind ) only problem with he fc2 is they are only rated for 65 psi and then the stupid tire sensor light will be on

You can have the dealer reprogram your tpms for whatever psi you want to run your tires at.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go to a lift of any sort. Check what balljoints are in the control arms. I do alignments and front end work for a living. I have changed upper balljoints in the cognito control arms use a heavy half ton balljoints 7700lb. The procomp lifts use a 1990 GM halfton 2wd control arms 7000lb or less. Always check on what you get....It will look bigger and stronger....But its not...

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I did realize that the cognito ball joints are not as good as the stock, so do you recommend the chev heavy half ball joint, and not the 1 ton balljoints?? Can they be swapped out of the cognito control arm and put in? I have "heard" that chev has improved the ball joints in the newer trucks 2011-2012. But i do agree I believe the cognito ball joints are pretty much just a half ton ball joint and I am not expecting them to last very long.

If you go to a lift of any sort. Check what balljoints are in the control arms. I do alignments and front end work for a living. I have changed upper balljoints in the cognito control arms use a heavy half ton balljoints 7700lb. The procomp lifts use a 1990 GM halfton 2wd control arms 7000lb or less. Always check on what you get....It will look bigger and stronger....But its not...

Last edited:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I went with copper zeon ltz 275/65r20 rub alittle on the front but nothing serious. Aggressive with very little road noise 10 ply and rated for 80 psi...

Top Bottom