Reaction score

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At $30 bucks for a tire mount/repair it won't take long to pay it off

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.atlasautoequipment.ca/a...atic-wheel-clamp-tire-changer-w-bead-blaster/

Thinking of buying one but used seem to high compared to new .
Must be some of you smart fellas that will have input on what not to buy and what to buy ?
Just for my own use and not a business .
Thanks in advance

That’s the type of machine you want. Useful for all types of rims from ATV’s up to pickup tires. Just make sure from the dealer that it can be used on the deeper offset rims from duallies as some machines need either a different set of jaws or adapters to do dually tires. There’s lots of moving parts in them though, so be anal about the lubrication and maintenance. I’ve been looking at auctions for healthy used ones but most are pooched from not being looked after.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy has a changer and balancer, changer works great but balancer is a pos, won’t ever calibrate properly.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a relative that owns a couple of tire shops.....nothing is more unreliable or gives him more trouble than the balancers.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a relative that owns a couple of tire shops.....nothing is more unreliable or gives him more trouble than the balancers.

I believe it. No interest in a balancer at all . Just want to repair and switch tires as needed .

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Too bad you are so far away, I have a spare tire changer that I am gonna sell, don't have pics but it works well, gonna list it for $700.00, pm me if you are interested.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay away from the Viper ones at UW. Piece of chit. I've heard Atlas is really good, i have a Major and its ok, but i'm only doing motorcycle tires. Catman i just might PM you...if O.P doesn't.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
stay away from the Viper ones at UW. Piece of chit. I've heard Atlas is really good, i have a Major and its ok, but i'm only doing motorcycle tires. Catman i just might PM you...if O.P doesn't.
X2...... Stay away from UW, they are Chinese knock off crap and unwanted auction crap.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In saskatoon we have a tire changing supply shop. They take in tire machines on trade Rebuild them and sell them for very reasonable prices. I got the old Honda dealership tire machine and a pile of supplies and tooling for $1800. The machine Paid for its self the first year I owned it. That’s just on personal tire installs. Not to mention the time I saved for not having to bring them into the city. (I had over 200 tires and rims on my farm at one point)

Buy a machine where u can get parts for it easily. A tire machine is a purchase for most ppl will be a once in a lifetime.

Top Bottom