Things that Mess with your mind...

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day - got in a nice poop joke and a gay joke so far. Now I just gotta piss of a minority, a political party, and that'll wrap up my day!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My own thought process can rattle me at times - for example, knowing the bones don't heal near as quick as they used to. I tend to ride with younger peeps then myself, and they look to me for the experience, but some days I'm just fresh out of talent and nerve. Was in a brutal bike wreck a few years ago that landed me in ICU for a week, and never took the time to heal properly (or have things set and pinned) due to work obligations. There are days that stuff like that haunts me, usually after two days of riding and I need a half bottle of Advil to get out of bed that morning lol.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My own thought process can rattle me at times - for example, knowing the bones don't heal near as quick as they used to. I tend to ride with younger peeps then myself, and they look to me for the experience, but some days I'm just fresh out of talent and nerve. Was in a brutal bike wreck a few years ago that landed me in ICU for a week, and never took the time to heal properly (or have things set and pinned) due to work obligations. There are days that stuff like that haunts me, usually after two days of riding and I need a half bottle of Advil to get out of bed that morning lol.

Oooooo that is a good one.. Pain and the reminder of pain.. fear of pain... I'm jotting that one down for sure. Thank you old fart!

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about trusting that your sled will hold up 40 miles from the truck on its first ride out after a major rebuild/repair. Sled reliability is ALWAYS on my mind. Not sure why, as I have only been pulled out twice in twelve years....just cant stop listening to all the little sounds/vibrations and thinking WTF was that! Then go home and spend an hour checking everything out again!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oooooo that is a good one.. Pain and the reminder of pain.. fear of pain... I'm jotting that one down for sure. Thank you old fart!

This is another one for me: usually if I crash, I'm fine the day of the crash. But I have noticed that I always have a "girl day" if I ride the very next day following the crash. Its like the memory of the crash/pain has a night to settle into my bones and changes my psychology by the morning. Suddenly I am waaaaay overthinking, talking myself out of doing things or getting stuck because my brain got in the way of my throttle. :(.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely riding a new area and with new people (as I am new myself) gives me jitters, but when with someone that knows exactly where to go and can explain things it definitely helps.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listening to one of your buddy's go on and on about how good his sled is running!In the back of your mind your thinking how the hell is your group going to drag that thing back out!Soon as he says it you can feel Karma's lazer sites zero in on him!!Seems like as soon as someone says it start heading back!LOL!!:D

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My balls are fairly closely connected to my wallet. I'm always thinking; " If chit goes south here how much is it gonna cost?"

Mike I'm so quoting you in the article... baa haa haa.. that is the complete and utter truth!!!!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been over the bars twice due to poor lighting (can't make out the snow contour). Went over the bars this passed Sat, hit the shin bone hard and 3 stitches later and a badly bruised leg will now make me think twice about relaxing and having a good time. God that hurt! Needless to say I am going to buy some knee/shin guards.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Been over the bars twice due to poor lighting (can't make out the snow contour). Went over the bars this passed Sat, hit the shin bone hard and 3 stitches later and a badly bruised leg will now make me think twice about relaxing and having a good time. God that hurt! Needless to say I am going to buy some knee/shin guards.

I now own a tech vest after a flat light incident last year.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching someone else have the Big Crash before its my turn at the terrain!!

sledder777

Reaction score
The biggest thing is to never let doubt creep into your mind, from the moment you look at it say nothing but " I got this and this is what I'm going to do" I repeat that constantly , never ever do I allow myself to think I can't or say maybe, confidence is all in your thought process.The key is to believe in yourself by telling yourself that you can.Serves me well, that said I still o crash just not as often.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing is to never let doubt creep into your mind, from the moment you look at it say nothing but " I got this and this is what I'm going to do" I repeat that constantly , never ever do I allow myself to think I can't or say maybe, confidence is all in your thought process.The key is to believe in yourself by telling yourself that you can.Serves me well, that said I still o crash just not as often.

that is awesome. Thank you. :)

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me its the farther from the truck I am,the more easy I ride,same with sled trips,the closer to the end of the trip the more
i risk,plus the money thing to,play with my mind.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think that will be my next investment. Getting too old to fly in front of the damn sled! :cool:

My husband is selling his Klim Tek Vest- worn maybe three times. Brought to the mountains several times and left in the truck :( He has finally admitted that he will never wear it and is putting it up for sale. PM me if you are interested!!

I wear a six-six-one coresaver and kneepads on EVERY trip! My knees were so badly bruised that they were perpetually black and blue and brown ALL the time. I started to get chronic knee pain and inflammation in both knees and my doctor said "ENOUGH!". I have found that wearing the protective gear has helped improved my confidence and my willingness to go bigger :) Totally worth it. I will admit tho- sometimes I miss the shock factor of my many colored bruises: so cool at parties!!

Top Bottom