Thieves Hit Big in Clyde Today

Smokey1

Reaction score
good luck wit that thought, you ever try out your insurance .

Luckily i've never had to, but i pay for proper coverage in case anything ever does happen.

I've got a number of friends who work in the insurance business, and know for a fact that you can easily fight and prove what your gear is worth, and if you can show them documented proof of similar units for sale they don't really have any way to argue you. A friend of mine recently had his motorcycle stolen, the insurance co originally offered him $4600, after looking up comparables and showing them, he ended up getting $6600. Insurance co's are out to make a buck, so yes you may have to put up a fight but if you can prove your case they will usually try to make you happy.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Luckily i've never had to, but i pay for proper coverage in case anything ever does happen.

I've got a number of friends who work in the insurance business, and know for a fact that you can easily fight and prove what your gear is worth, and if you can show them documented proof of similar units for sale they don't really have any way to argue you. A friend of mine recently had his motorcycle stolen, the insurance co originally offered him $4600, after looking up comparables and showing them, he ended up getting $6600. Insurance co's are out to make a buck, so yes you may have to put up a fight but if you can prove your case they will usually try to make you happy.
good luck with that you may need it. never rely on what some other guy is telling you as it usually is BS. but as i said good luck. and let us know how it works for you.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They make some pretty accurate sniper rifles these days...a guy loading a stolen sled onto a truck deck would be an easy target. All you need is a homemade silencer and a good vantage point...just sayin'.

Pop bottle makes guns very quiet(bigger the bore- bigger the bottle.Bear spray is very quiet too.Both illegal if done on purpose though!

Smokey1

Reaction score
good luck with that you may need it. never rely on what some other guy is telling you as it usually is BS. but as i said good luck. and let us know how it works for you.

Will do, but my toys won't dissapear, they stay in my garage and I only ride around home.

Gader69

Reaction score
Just pi$$es me off, the guys that do this crap are able bodied and capable of having an honest job like the rest of us but find it easier to take what the rest of us work hard for instead.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need to start settn up traps. like leave the the sleds out or trailers unlocked or pickup windows down on purpose and wait up all nite with a few buddies. once wod of that gets around maybe it will help. this is gettn worse and worse!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some buddies of mine just got hit the Thurs befor Christmas....lost a bunch of quads, a couple trailers and some tools. Sounds like they arrested 3 guys Sunday or Monday morning a hour south of here....Worst part of the whole thing was his boy that worked his ass off all summer to buy his OWN quad with his OWN money and it got jacked. 13 yr old kids dont understand that kinda ...he took it pretty hard!

Last edited by a moderator:

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some buddies of mine just got hit the Thurs befor Christmas....lost a bunch of quads, a couple trailers and some tools. Sounds like they arrested 3 guys Sunday or Monday morning a hour south of here....Worst part of the whole thing was his boy that worked his ass off all summer to buy his OWN quad with his OWN money and it got jacked. 13 yr old kids dont understand that kinda ch!t...he took it pretty hard!

That sucks for the kid, I have a 12 year old and I hope that I never have to explain where his quad has gone. Also heard of a lot of stuff happeneing in the Athabasca and Redwater areas, watch your stuff people.

Last edited by a moderator:

rellek

Reaction score
I'm looking at about $13,000 to replace and lucky to get $8,500 from insurance. Man, 10 feet from the front door.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Next swearword I see in this thread........Consider it Closed!
catmando!

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next swearword I see in this thread........Consider it Closed!
catmando!

Sometimes its hard to vent without the odd swear word catmando, hopefully it will stay swear free from now on

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow, sorry to hear about the thefts, and anyword on the crooks yet?........ I take it the dess tethers were left in the sleds? Otherwise, they couldn't be started and driven away. Did you have the trailer tongue locked up? Just askin'.............

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My grandparents lived in clyde most their lives and my dad grew up there..... Never any thefts that i could remember, and they used to leave the keys in all their vehicles and sleds etc......

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear about the thefts, and anyword on the crooks yet?........ I take it the dess tethers were left in the sleds? Otherwise, they couldn't be started and driven away. Did you have the trailer tongue locked up? Just askin'.............

The sleds were rode about 12:45, and stolen sometime between 1 and 2 o'clock, trailer had lock on it. I don't think it matters much any more if you lock stuff up, the yard where the trailer was stole has fuel tanks that are not in site and the locks were cut off 3 times last year, seams like if you lock it up the thieves destroy everything to get what their after. On a side note, I noticed a lot of doos getting wrecked this year in the mountians due to lack of snow, I wonder if the theft of doos is to fuel the parts world. If you look a rellek's post his sleds were 10' from the front door, to steal them in the middle of the afternoon from in front of his house, UNBELIEVABLE!

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My grandparents lived in clyde most their lives and my dad grew up there..... Never any thefts that i could remember, and they used to leave the keys in all their vehicles and sleds etc......

I have lived here my whole life, its not like that anymore.

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my crossfire 1000 an a f6 an trailer stolen in boyle on dec 8th i would like to find out who these guys are an give them some justice the old fasion way

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lived here my whole life, its not like that anymore.

Maybe it's time to do a little sideline schooling of our own. They make such a gadget called SPOT. Make sure the batteries are new & that it's on track mode & oh, make sure it's tucked away on your sled! It won't take long to catch the culpret's. Steal at your own risk!!!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I will watch in My part of B.C. Blue River....

Sorry to hear that ....I was Robbed when I lived in Devon...

I know EXACTLY How You feel ...VIOLATED !......sorry I'll watch here !

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THREE WORDS!!! BAIT SLED PROGRAM:rant: Why the heck there isn't a bait sled or sleds out there is beyond me... Stolen sleds and quads isn't just a couple of times a year issue, it's out of control:mad:

Top Bottom