The United States

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to the states to do some sledding.I would like to take some jerrycans of fuel and some diesel.Is there any restrictions on taking fuel in jerry cans across the border?

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah good point. On the diesel end of it my tank is quite small just thought i might pack a couple extra jerry cans just in case.

carlos

Reaction score
we went to idaho once with 7 jerry cans roped to the roof of our mini van! lol gas war was on here,0.36 cents a litre, never said a word....but that was a week before 911....things have changed a bit! i've crossed a hundred times since then,no need to worry but you should have proof of ownership for sled! (reg,ins,bill of sale) got asked once for proof it was a canadian sled, went to get reg. outa sled and pulled 2 crumpled up canadian cans out first, "thats good" he said. so they do ask

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to the states to do some sledding.I would like to take some jerrycans of fuel and some diesel.Is there any restrictions on taking fuel in jerry cans across the border?

Go down empty and fill em for way back. They won't look twice unless you cause them to...

Rufer19

Reaction score
We've been down a few times sledding and biking. Never been questioned on the Jerry cans, but I've been told to not take dyed diesel across the border. We have also brought back full cans of race fuel and never been questioned on it either.

Sent from my iPad using

Top Bottom