Thank You Martim Motor Sports South

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick shout out to MMS for getting me straightened out on Friday. Had a trip to the Kakwa planned and loaded up Friday morning. My etec was running crappy although it had been running better earlier this season. I was thinking the usual bad fuel issue but decided to stop in at Martin to get a second opinion. Chris at the service desk was able to get the tech (Jody or Cody) take a look. Fuel (fully stabilized non-ethanol premium) was pretty crappy. Jody also noticed that the plug on the mag side was fouled even though it was new. Flushed fuel out and added fresh and put in a new plug. Started and actually sounded not too bad to me but Jody still though not quite right in his opinion.

He took off the air box and found that one of the reeds on the mag side of the engine was gone. Engine only has 1000 kms so I was pretty surprised. Once back together, it sounded so much better. I think I have been driving with a developing situation for a while.

Anyway, thanks to Martin Motor Sports for squeezing me in, correctly determining the problem and fixing it in short order and getting me on my way. Had a great ride on Saturday.

Top Bottom