Telus Satellite TV or Bell Express Vu?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Anybody getting calls from Telus marketers wanting you to switch from StarChoice or Bell Express Vu for a supposed better deal? Anybody done this and how is your experience with Telus panning out? Thanks!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus and bell are the exact same satellite service telus buys it from bell channels are the same screens are blue on bell and grey on telus
I would go with who ever gives you the best deal I dropped bell because as a nine year customer they would not give me a deal to switch to HDTV where telus would (called bell they would not give me the same promo they would a new customer free pvr and hd receivers ) when I called and cancelled then they said they would match what telus was offering

It seems who ever you go with you have to phone and try and cancel your service and they will give you a deal ( works great with Sirius sat radio threaten to cancel every year haven't paid more than 70 yr tax in )

tvdave

Reaction score
was a Bell customer for approx 15 years. 2 of my PVR's quit within a week of each other.(1 was about 12 years old & other was about 1 1/2 years old). called Bell to see what they would do for me, being a long term customer and all. went through several people to try to get to someone who can authorize such a deal. best they could do is give me one plain reciever & rent me a pvr. I told them telus will give me 1 pvr & 2 recievers that can be converted to pvr's & about $15-20 a month cheaper for programming. Bell was not interested in keeping a long term customer. found out new customers get better deal than that. so long Bell. when i phoned to cancel, they asked me why i did not let them have a chance to keep me as a customer. I said i went through about 4 people to get a deal & nobody cared, all she said was "alright bye then".

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about 6 years ago I had my credit card compromised which was the same card Bell took the monthly payment from. I called them in Jan (6 years ago) and gave them my new cc number. Then late Feb the problems begun. My daughter had a habit of watching cartoons in the morning before school. Turn TV on with a msg to call Bell. I did and they said I haven't paid. I told them I gave them my new cc number but I guess it was not inputted correctly. This went on for 6 months every month!!!! I would purposely make changes to my channel subscriptions to prove to them that we did talk to Bell and cc # was given. Each time they apologized until the next month. In July I called after it happened again and I told them to cancel my service. Then all I heard is to give them another chance. I went to Shaw and NEVER had an issue since.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, phone your present supplier and tell them the situation. Then you pop the question, "what have you got for me to stay?"
I think I will Doug. We will see what they have to say I guess.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the same as above, a 15 year Bell customer, they wouldnt match what Telus was offering, untill I canceled....at that time Bell had a new customer offer, but they wouldnt match it either, I told them I'll give them one last chance, you'll have to better then the Telus deal not just match...Have been with Telus now for a year....

I'ts the same ***t different name....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I was the same as above, a 15 year Bell customer, they wouldnt match what Telus was offering, untill I canceled....at that time Bell had a new customer offer, but they wouldnt match it either, I told them I'll give them one last chance, you'll have to better then the Telus deal not just match...Have been with Telus now for a year....

I'ts the same ***t different name....

Same game as cellular providers.... they all use more or less the same towers, same devices etc, different color logo's screens etc...... Different prices, can always play one against the other!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you say collusion

Same game as cellular providers.... they all use more or less the same towers, same devices etc, different color logo's screens etc...... Different prices, can always play one against the other!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Bell. The customer assistance gal offered me a $5 reduction on my monthly PVR rental. I told her that didn't cut it. She put me onto the Loyalty Dept. They said they will write off my $20/month PVR rental, give a $10/month programming rebate for one year and give me a $50 credit on my next bill. I said you are still out by $300 plus on the Telus deal and she said that is the best they can do. Now I guess I think about it. The Bell service tech for our area is a friend of mine and is super when we have issues. Do I leave and take my chances on Telus service or stay? Hmmmm....:headscratch3:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I miss shaw..... Used to get internet/cable/phone all for $90/month.... now I pay $94 for internet, $64 for phone and don't have TV but if I did that would be another $60-$70....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just talked to Bell. The customer assistance gal offered me a $5 reduction on my monthly PVR rental. I told her that didn't cut it. She put me onto the Loyalty Dept. They said they will write off my $20/month PVR rental, give a $10/month programming rebate for one year and give me a $50 credit on my next bill. I said you are still out by $300 plus on the Telus deal and she said that is the best they can do. Now I guess I think about it. The Bell service tech for our area is a friend of mine and is super when we have issues. Do I leave and take my chances on Telus service or stay? Hmmmm....:headscratch3:

depending on the issue, the bell tech should be able to hook you up with service on Telus Satellite TV as well, same specs, same menus, green instead of blue.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
new bell menu is black, telus deals are usually on 3 yr term and promo pricing is only good for first 6 months...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new bell menu is black, telus deals are usually on 3 yr term and promo pricing is only good for first 6 months...
There regular pricing is still more than Bell though. Just now got an automated phone message from Bell to see if I was happy with there service and if my issue was resolved. I told them no. I guess we will see how that goes with them. Will keep you guys posted and thanks for the feedback so far.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There regular pricing is still more than Bell though. Just now got an automated phone message from Bell to see if I was happy with there service and if my issue was resolved. I told them no. I guess we will see how that goes with them. Will keep you guys posted and thanks for the feedback so far.

There going to cut your service off with 10 laps to go ............... you just wait and see LOL

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once Telus Optical get's out to my area, I am looking forward to telling Shaw to phuck off and stay phucked off!!!

As far as satilite..... I am still tempted to go back to DIRECT TV, and just running whoever, for local channels and internet.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to be with Bell satelite, switched to Telus satelite and now on Telus OPTIC....and WOW.

Top Bottom