telus or shaw

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have shaw home phone internet and hd telus keeps calling me to change to them. They are going to do the home phone hi-speed internet and hd with 40 channels for $137 for the first year and $173 after. Thing is i would save money but im happy with shaw never had a problem with them in 3 years. What is telus like would it be worth the swap?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I just went with TELUS TV and the internet bundle...16MBps unreal speed and the PVR Anywhere rocks.

Just make sure you check them both out...everyone is going to have a different opinion.

PM me with your phone # and I'll pre-qual your line if you want.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went with TELUS TV and the internet bundle...16MBps unreal speed and the PVR Anywhere rocks.

Just make sure you check them both out...everyone is going to have a different opinion.

PM me with your phone # and I'll pre-qual your line if you want.

Sorry am i being stupid but what did you mean pre-qual your line.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had Telus internet at home, and it sucked terrible speed couldnt get more than 5MBPS dawnload or more that .5MBPS Upload. Have it here at work and the best we can get is 3MBPS Dwonload and .2MBPS upload.

Switched to shaw and home and wont ever look back 20MBPS download and 8MBPS Upload all day everyday.:d

DONT DO IT!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Had Telus internet at home, and it sucked terrible speed couldnt get more than 5MBPS dawnload or more that .5MBPS Upload. Have it here at work and the best we can get is 3MBPS Dwonload and .2MBPS upload.

Switched to shaw and home and wont ever look back 20MBPS download and 8MBPS Upload all day everyday.:d

DONT DO IT!!!

what is your cost on that internet package at home?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate Telus but we don't get a choice up North.

Same here. If I had any choice, I'd tell Telus to suck it. Stick with Shaw, they were great to deal with for phone, internet, and cable when I was in Sherwood Park.

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
I am with Shaw for tv, internet and home phone.

I was with Telus for everything, including cel phones and business but stopped.

The only difference is customer service. If the product is the same, you should excel at customer service, and I found that Telus had no customer service at all and moved to Shaw. I don't know if they fixed their service issues, but it was bad enough that I'll never use Telus again. I'll go without before I go back to them.

Besides, Shaw doesn't have a contract so you can cancel anytime without penalty.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Not sure how it is now but when I lived in the city we had SHAW internet, cable and phone... all combined was under $100....

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i switched from shaw to telus because shaw dosnt have enough phone lines and sometimes i couldnt make or place a call. Drove me nuts. 1st 3 months free with telus then if you cancel you get charged for 1 month of service. works out to be about $30/month cheaper than shaw. Includes free PVR. have not had 1 single problem. Also get free wireless internet. good download speeds. get call display on the TV. kinda cool

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont have to get up to see whos calling. You can ignore them from the comfort of your couch!

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the new telus and its been good. no problems and there pvr's are awesome.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost shaw when we left the city, telus is the schitz
I miss shaw everyday

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had nothing but reliability issues with shaw in numerous locations. internet was down alot. telus is slower but its reliable. these are my findings

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Cant speak from personal experience but i do have 2 friends that went with telus tv and it sucked so bad telus actually "let" them out of the contract.........

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had nothing but reliability issues with shaw in numerous locations. internet was down alot. telus is slower but its reliable. these are my findings
Ditto. Very important for me to have internet at home for work reasons, and Shaw was down A LOT. Telus has been solid. I'm not a huge downloaded or gamer so if the speed is different, I haven't noticed.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Very important for me to have internet at home for work reasons, and Shaw was down A LOT. Telus has been solid. I'm not a huge downloaded or gamer so if the speed is different, I haven't noticed.

Saw the same when I was up in ft mac. Shaw was constantly losing connection, I got Telus and lost connection maybe a few times in a year.

It could possibly just have been the crappy router too...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it was so bad for me i actually had telus come install aswell so i had 2 going when shaw was down. was my roommates shaw so i didnt cancel it.

Top Bottom