Tek Vests

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a Tek Vest to my christmas wish list. Just wondering who wears them, what brand, and how do you like it. I'm leaning toward the Klim, but looking for opinions on other brands as well.
Thanks.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the std tekvest and after getting used to the bulky feeling at first, I really like it. I feel odd not wearing it now. I haven't needed it yet but I have some friends that shown how valuable they are.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not use one YET but am looking into it....you may want to take a look at sixsixone.com or sixsixonecanada.com they have a line of body armor and their prices are WAAAAY less. When I do buy I will probably go with them.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one, klim tekvest, under coat, comfortable lots of movement, pack sits nice on it and keeps my belly from jiggling...lol

slabm7

Reaction score
I wear a tekvest most of the time, I bought a used one off of snowest. I wear it under my jacket. It felt bulky at first but once you get used to it you don't notice it. They work very well for keeping you warm to.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prices have come down and become more affordable for most. Newer models, new manufacturers. Tek Vest has the Freestyle and Klim has their version of the same made by Tek Vest. I found out that the only real difference with the Klim version is larger vent holes, by 3mm. This was specified by Klim. You can also get the Klim locally at Martins. Don't tell anyone, but I asked for the show deal and got a discount. To have Tek Vest ship one would have cost me a fair chunk more. After cracking a rib from a handlebar hit and trying to live with the pain, I decided no more messing around.

B wear makes a vest as well.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, i wear tek vest and have one for the kids too.... We don't ride without them...... Daughter rebroke ribs without wearing one, so we immediately all picked them up.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing a Tek Vest for about 3 yrs now, has saved me a few time's for sure. Feels strange going for a ride without it. Worth the money in my opinion.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
KLIM tek vest. I have been wearing one for 3 seasons. No restrictions. Keeps your belly in.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wearing klim vest for 3 years now, it's part of the dress-up and another things guys forget is that it keeps your main body core warmer also, less gear to wear and in spring riding just wear it a little looser on the side straps with a pull-over and your good to go. with my bars set-up just below my rib cage , my vest gets a work-out about dozen times a year, we sell lots of them and it's good to see some people getting them for the kids. my 3 cents

tree slayer

Reaction score
I have been wearing a Klim for 3 years. Takes a few rides to get used to it but when you crash it will dissiapte the impact forces. I feel naked if I do not wear it.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wearing klim vest for 3 years now, it's part of the dress-up and another things guys forget is that it keeps your main body core warmer also, less gear to wear and in spring riding just wear it a little looser on the side straps with a pull-over and your good to go. with my bars set-up just below my rib cage , my vest gets a work-out about dozen times a year, we sell lots of them and it's good to see some people getting them for the kids. my 3 cents

how much $ around here?

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After bruising my ribs last year while being ejected through my bars and windshield... It still hurt when I sneezed this summer! I picked up a Klim from Martin's last week as a little Christmas gift to myself. Seems comfortable. Can’t wait to try it out!

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Martin Farm is the local Klim dealer around Edmonton 780-452-2790 call them for pricing they sell lots of Klim clothing

Thanks Eric

throttle-up

Reaction score
Website
www.leekseeker.com
I wear and sell the KLIM Tek-Vest. There is no doubt that it saved me more than once from having broken ribs. It does keep you warmer and it also takes the load of your pack off your shoulders and displaces the weight better. I have looked at other brands and the KLIM vest breathes better, which is nice to have. As far as sizing, get the vest that is ONE SIZE SMALLER than your coat your wearing and you should be good to go.

If you need pics or more info, check out our site at

If there is enough interest, I would be willing to consider a bulk buy. PM me or email me at sales@throttleup.ca and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks.
Trever:)

Top Bottom