tarp sleds on sled deck?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive always put my sleds in my 29 foot mission enclosed but as it is gettin harder to fill i purchased a sled deck in hopes to get west more, who here tarps the sleds on their sled decks? pro and cons? tarp rash or just throw sleds on deck and go?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For high way travel, I have always tarped. Make sure its secure, no lose sections that will flap and tear. Nothing worse than all that road crap covering your sleds.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always have mine covered on the deck and have never had an issue when i bought the proper cover for the sled. Always makes me wonder when i see a $15,000 sled on a deck without the $150 cover to protect it from the salt, gravel, sand, etc....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tarp it once they start to put sand and salt down. Until then I often don't unless it's a long trip.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Tarp for sure. You might think they don't get crap on them because they're higher up. But just like when you drive behind another vehicle the spray gets on your windshield. After a 4 hour drive through that think of how many times your wipers cleaned your windshield. Salt in the engine compartment is awful. Did that once, when I got home it was grey, and the inside was just coated heavy. Pressure washer and sprinkle baking soda on to neutralize the salt. Unless you mix up a thing and spray it on/dump it on. Salt/electronics is a huge pain.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tarp is compulsory IMO. Even then you still need to stop by the car wash on your way home as the tarp doesn't cover everything like your suspension components and the last couple feet of your tunnel.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i was curious never had a deck before but i went out and bought skidoo travel tarps when i bought the sled deck but was amazed how many people dont tarp

Last edited:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think most use the manufacturer sled cover and not a true tarp. that would be a painful ordeal to tie that down but have seen it for sure

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think most use the manufacturer sled cover and not a true tarp. that would be a painful ordeal to tie that down but have seen it for sure

I don't think anyone was ever suggesting they use a plastic tarp lol

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone has to come up with an enclosed sled deck, similar to the fibreglass tops on an open two place. :thumbsup2::hmm:

swiller

Reaction score
Should always tarp ....fine sand down your intake /air filter ....fire up your sled and boom ....toast ....heard this more than once.

Cub

Reaction score
IMG_1186.jpg this was my answer to tarps works well

Top Bottom