Survival Story in Crowsnest

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding alone isn't such a good idea.

As bad as its is riding alone, it happens all the time! My father has a ranch near Longview before he rode horses to check cows, and fence now uses a Rhino. These guys that work on the land aren't going to wait for a posse, to show up so they can go and do there job. I am sure there is as many people riding alone on any given day as there are people riding in groups through out the Province. Remember these may be toys and used for fun to some but to others it a tool for doing a job.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man these kinda stories are not fun to read, I guy needs to carry one of those satelite phones and a dozen flares or something.
when I sled I always have a little extra food, one of them thermal silver blankets, 2 hot feet packs, dry socks and a extra pair of dry gloves.
just in case me and the mountain have a sleep over.
I hope that guys leg is alright.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you pack your emergency gear make sure you have not only packed it in your sled and or pack but also pack a small survival kit in your jacket. One in the left side and one in the right side of the jacket just incase you are seperated from your sled or pack. The reason you pack a mini survival kit on each side of your jacket, you may be pinned and may not be able to reach one side of your body or the other, sounds stupid but just read the attachment on this thread!!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

Top Bottom