surf n 093.jpg

surf n 112.jpg

summitx has more pics post em up.... another good season lil cold but good

surf n 119.jpg

surf n 124.jpg

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a couple from the last week of september.
it all started out as a beautiful day 'till the storm blew in...

Attachments

• IMG_1394_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1394_reduced.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1386_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1386_reduced.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1385_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1385_reduced.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1378_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1378_reduced.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1368_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1368_reduced.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1370_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1370_reduced.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1367_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1367_reduced.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1397_reduced.jpg
    IMG_1397_reduced.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 182

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^ HAHAHA that storm was a bit crazy.... we should have stayed out and waited for it to pass....

good times I have some pics to come from our last day oct 10th,, I winterized the boat but plus 20 all week makes we mant to tighten everything back up and go again lol

kool pic
STORMY.jpg

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll try it again, 2000lb ballast, no fat chicks allowed in boat, unless they can hang off the side of the tower to make the wake bigger....

Attachments

• P8140100.jpg
    P8140100.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 145
  • P7170006.jpg
    P7170006.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 144

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few more, gotta love surfin, especially on the sushwap......

Attachments

• P8130094.jpg
    P8130094.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 147
  • P8140097.jpg
    P8140097.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 147

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waxy - I hear you...I'm 45 years old, we've have had a family cabin on Wabamun since the late 1950's, I grew up out there every summer enjoying the water and am still on that lake more then 2/3rds the weekends in the summer today.

I don't remember much about Edmonton in the summer growing up but what I do remember is feeling like that lake, 19 miles long and 2 miles or so wide, was a vast area that you could play on and go hours without seeing another boat.

Not so much anymore. To your point...things have changed and, like you I do not see them changing back.

So what do we do...ban chit - no, more rules - no disregard/disrespect others on the water - no. All we can do is our best to mitigate the impact we have on the lake itself and those using it around us, be ready to assist someone if necessary and make good choices while out on the water.

Unfortunately the line of weekend warriors leaving the city with more boat then sense is getting longer and longer...maybe the boat license thing was not a bad idea after all.

Our cabin is on the far north east side of Big Sushwap lake and it's been in our family since the 70's, our family is from Kamloops so they grew up on the Sushwap. We are very lucky that we have property that far up the lake, because everybody has at least 200 foot frontage and there are no real-estate developments where there are comunities with 100 cabins and 300 foot frontage and an Armada of $ 80 000-100 000 Matercraft X-stars and Malibu Wakesetters. In the summer when I go south to visit budies and get around Wild Rose Bay, there are more boats than you can count. IN the middle of the day the lake is so chopped/churned up near there all day that it looks like a god dam hurricane has come through.
NOw here is my rant.
I hate most tubers, they are annoying and have no respect for anyother boat on the lake, there is no skill in tubing and doing figure 8's in your boat, you are just wasting gas and disturbing the peace, tubing is like saying your a skier if you can only ride the chairlift.
When you are pulling a water sports enthuiest, you should head away from shore in a staight line, turn when your getting close to the other side( say 200 meters) , turn as tight as you can 180', then go over one side of your wake and follow back to your starting point through you old wake path. If you follow this rule/driving style multiple boats can use the lake and not have to ride in each others wake wash.
At my cabin, the "Lake Ginos" are so inconsideriate that you cannot even tie you boat you dock during the day, they pull tubers 100 feet off shore paralell to shore, then they pull wake boarders the same way. My neightbour has resulted in shooting at them in their boat with his paint ball gun with clear balls, not legal but after a "chat/ coaching on boat ettiquite" the culprits changed their boating style.
I have a 21 foot boat and run 2000lbs ballast, the wake is a dingy swamper no doubt. When we go to unleash fury, we leave our cabin/dock and motor a few km's up the lake to a spot that has no cabins and other boats have miles of lake to stay away from me, depending on the way the wind blows I either ride on one side of the lake of the other... most of our neighbours do the same an none of us have any issues with each other, but I tell ya, the "Lake Gino's" just dont seem to get it....

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet. thanks for all the pulls this summer!!!

now bring on the pow!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet. thanks for all the pulls this summer!!!

now bring on the pow!

ya man no worries we got out lots it was good....

TIME FOR SNOW

last day surf n for this year

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKWfDcsjOw[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKOFFAuB20E[/media]

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss summer and there is NO snow

waaaaaa waaaahhha waaaaaaa
'
'
:realmad::rant::d