Supporting BRP

M1K

Reaction score
I would guess that most people when doing overnight trips will support the Hotels that support our sport....now how about the sled manufacturers? Do they support the industry (AB & Northern BC) that provide us with gainful employment so that we can enjoy this sport of mountain sledding (either directly or indirectly)? I believe there is a certain province that will have nothing to do with our oil and gas industry but has no problem in taking their undeserved share...wether its through our tax base system, gov assistance or peeps signing checks for their new machines. I gotta ask...where is your pride? :smiliestirthepot:

PS - This should make me popular. lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would guess that most people when doing overnight trips will support the Hotels that support our sport....now how about the sled manufacturers? Do they support the industry (AB & Northern BC) that provide us with gainful employment so that we can enjoy this sport of mountain sledding (either directly or indirectly)? I believe there is a certain province that will have nothing to do with our oil and gas industry but has no problem in taking their undeserved share...wether its through our tax base system, gov assistance or peeps signing checks for their new machines. I gotta ask...where is your pride? :smiliestirthepot:

I believe there is a support program from BRP to help out clubs. every club member that fills out a form gets their respective club a 10 dollar donation from BRP, up to $1500 per club.

arctic cat donations will be in the form of shop labour to the dealers to repair their new proclimbs so they make it more than 5 miles on the snow. that should get the economy going

M1K

Reaction score
You may be right T, but I would guess that donation is only applicable if your a resident of Quebec.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may be right T, but I would guess that donation is only applicable if your a resident of Quebec.
the BRP donation? our club has taken advantage of it each year since we started. I would imagine lots of other clubs are too, you don't even have to own a ski doo to get your 10 dollar donation! so even you guys that choose to send your money to the USA or Japan can still support your club with Canadian dollars.

M1K

Reaction score
Well thats good to know...this is the first I've heard of this as I know my club does not utilize this option. Also I know Cat used to have the most rewarding race program out there...not sure about now tho.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thats good to know...this is the first I've heard of this as I know my club does not utilize this option. Also I know Cat used to have the most rewarding race program out there...not sure about now tho.
that's crazy man, get your club on it....free money.

• Thanks
Reactions: M1K

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gotta ask...have you ever been to Quebec?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Makes you look like you are talking out of your a$$..... Whitecourt won an anniversary edition 800 summit in the first year of BRP's club support program, one of ten given away in Canada that year. Plus the (up to) $1500.00 they give each year to every club in Canada whose members bother to fill out the forms.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
150 max per club X 10 bucks, 1500.00 bucks for our club the last few years from BRP:)

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Brp has the Millions club support program, and also gives free avalanche awarness classes at their dealers. I'd suggest a quick trip to Montreal to party, or hooking up with a hot Quebec ski bunny while your in Revy/Fernie/Banff etc,and your opinion will change. Tabranac

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp has the Millions club support program, and also gives free avalanche awarness classes at their dealers. I'd suggest a quick trip to Montreal to party, or hooking up with a hot Quebec ski bunny while your in Revy/Fernie/Banff etc,and your opinion will change. Tabranac
My point exactly. Anybody on here who spouts off this "seperatist" BS has clearly never taken the time to get to know someone from Quebec and find out what they're all about. People from Quebec and people from Alberta probably have more in common than any two other groups of people in this country...some guys just need to take their redneck goggles off for a few minutes to realize it.

M1K

Reaction score
I know plenty of Quebecers that have chosen to live in western Canada and I have no problem with getting along with any of them!! My issues lies with the fact that they sell their product to our neighbours to the south from us for cheaper than their own people....and of course they won't have nothing to do with our oil and gas industry, they must heat there province with coal and wood! They even have a good discovery of shale gas there but refuses to let any noteworthy company extract it.

Oh ya they have Celine Dion....thats a plus. bahaha. She's not Canadian, she's Quebecois...just ask her!!!!

M1K

Reaction score
My point exactly. Anybody on here who spouts off this "seperatist" BS has clearly never taken the time to get to know someone from Quebec and find out what they're all about. People from Quebec and people from Alberta probably have more in common than any two other groups of people in this country...some guys just need to take their redneck goggles off for a few minutes to realize it.

Ya I'm not much of a redneck but very aware of what goes on around this province when it comes to politics and where our money goes....maybe you should take your blinders off and have a look around.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm not much of a redneck but very aware of what goes on around this province when it comes to politics and where our money goes....maybe you should take your blinders off and have a look around.
I'm also aware of where our oil and gas revenue goes. My question would be what exactly do you suggest we do about it? No taxes for Albertans? Move the capital to Calgary? Stop transfer payments to other provinces? Change representation by population to representation by highest average household income? There are 25 million people in this country, and not all of them can live in Alberta.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the people from Quebec and Alberta have anything in common, god help us all. From the news I read, People in Alberta work hard and produce wealth, people from Quebec consume more than their fair share. They might be distinct, but does that make them special?

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the people from Quebec and Alberta have anything in common, god help us all.
We both like our beer (and Poutine), we're both ATV and Sleds nuts, we both love the outdoors, we both want our interests taken seriously at the federal level, we're both misunderstood by the rest of the country, we both hate the Maple Leafs. But hey, they speak French so that must mean they hate the rest of Canada right? (Even though most of them actually speak English too...again if you'd ever been there you'd know that)

Last edited:
Top Bottom