Summer project plans ?

bbecker17

Reaction score
seeing how the 14's are a bit of a let down whats everyone planning to do to there pro over the summer as far as maintance or just a few mods, I plan to replace all those plastic bushing on the front a arms and HPS can PA head combo, hopefully get a c3 beltdrive heard lots of good things about it, (mines a 2012)

R

Ryan Verrecchia

If you put the C3 get the one so you can put a 3 inch if you want down the road I'm going to be plasti dipping my sled hope it will look good making up some designs now and might be getting a fuel controller put a can last ride then going on the 3 or 10 for the last ride on the weekend but might wait till I have enough money for a big bore for the fuel controller and that's about it for mods

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the 14's were necessarily a let down, just not much for changes in an already stellar chassis. Contrary to what we want; it's not cost effective for manufacturers to change major stuff every year of two. My 2014 155 Stealth Black will see an RK Tek Drop-In kit, 3" track, 7 tooth Avids, K-Mod skid, Skinz or CMX front end and Raptors all the way around :)

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna take a 156 x 3 x 16 CE and cut it down to a 15 wide!! I LOVE the shorter track for my type of riding. I think the 3" will make it perform better than a 2.5" - 163" in the deep, but still maintain it's nimbleness:D

Last edited:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the 14's were necessarily a let down, just not much for changes in an already stellar chassis. Contrary to what we want; it's not cost effective for manufacturers to change major stuff every year of two. My 2014 155 Stealth Black will see an RK Tek Drop-In kit, 3" track, 7 tooth Avids, K-Mod skid, Skinz or CMX front end and Raptors all the way around :)
ur gonna do the drop in and screw warranty? or ya got a good dealer? why u goin with the narrower front end, doesnt drop much weight does it? i find they handle awesome at 38'',,, the raptors would be a real nice upgrade

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ur gonna do the drop in and screw warranty? or ya got a good dealer? why u goin with the narrower front end, doesnt drop much weight does it? i find they handle awesome at 38'',,, the raptors would be a real nice upgrade

I have 2600 miles on my 12 with Zero issues...I pulled apart my top end to have a look and put in RK Tek pistons even though the stockers were perfect. The RK Tek's are superior in design and power and to be honest, I don't care about warranty...I care about reliability and RK Tek has got that dialed IMO. Warranty doesn't pay the chopper ride off the mountain or pay for a sled rental when you're down on a 7 day trip. Even though I think the stock motor is pretty good in these sleds...I will beef up what is the supposed weak link :D

No narrower of a front end...just better geometry!! I will probably go with the CMX, as I don't really think the spindle needs to be moved forward on this chassis.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be adding a Kmod skid w Raptors, Zbros A arms, custom wrap, and getting some Turbo parts ceramic coated

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's everyone's summer projects going? Any progress? Only a couple more months!!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My summer project is to sell my 08. Cant wait for my 163 matte black to come in.

Nothing crazy for mods this year, hoping to have it paid off by end of december. Friends have the silber turbo/ bully dog turbos on order, if they can be ran home and on the hill pump or av gas like they say i will look into that, or else doing a rk tek head, pistons, slp pipe, power commander.

I got a pivoting gauge cage. Mds weights coming, and getting some mike taylor footwell vents, and powder coating my board, seat brace, and rear bumper sides black. Going to see how it rides then get zbroz or raptor springs.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Raptor springs and RK tek drop in kit with 13.1 head coming, the sled has been rock solid so far but the engine vibration has me worried. From the info gathered on line it sounds like the RK Tec kit really smoothes the engine out, adds a bit of power and reliability.

bbecker17

Reaction score
i havent done anything with mine since tearing it apart really, just started ordering parts last week, the cast alluminum piece that supports the handle bar post is cracked out so guess i'll be replacing that aswell, does anyone know what polaris is calling that?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the k mod rear skid for my sled and my cmx frontend yesterday and raptors all the way around...... Kevin sound like were building the same sled lol.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About to order up a C3 Belt drive for my '11 Pro 163 2.5". I'm just having trouble with my gear ratio to order. I beleive my stock gearing is 20 top & 42 bottom = 2.1. So I should order the 2.12

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am doing a few mods with my 2013 rmk, they insist of a full stage 4 slp kit along with rk tek pistons, polish the tunnel and z bros springs all the way around.

Top Bottom