Stronger than JB Weld or precision machinist

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have this small aluminum bearing carrier that is need of TLC. JB Weld is turning out not to be hard enough for filling, drilling and tapping. Need something harder/stronger. Other option is to have a precision machinist spin me up a new one. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Bearing carrier sm.jpg
    Bearing carrier sm.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 367

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seek stick is quite the same (JB weld brand) and I would say that I would be trying it or Devcon. I have had a lot of success using Devcon in areas many wouldn’t have thought it could work.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have used this a couple times and has been great.

Had a truck come through shop that lived its life down East and the diff was so rusted out from salt that the whole back side was almost pourus. Put 2 or 3 coats of this on and sealed it up.
743c460e8b2ac175f3904ce2b2b4386d.jpg

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr. Skid, Where do you get Lord product from.
If you search online you can find places to order it, when I needed it I ordered from my Polaris dealer. I’m not sure if you can order directly from Lord, it is not a cheep product.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I the part is Aluminum, you could try filling the hole with Aluminum brazing rod, then re-do the hole. In my link theres a video that shows it in action. Its pretty cool stuff and handy when you need it. There’s several types and brands, but Ive only used this one.

https://www.aluminumrepair.com/

Looks like a very interesting product thank you. Possibly something every extreme river boater should carry, along with a large hammer and torch.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great suggestions...thanks.

That brazing rod looks like something one should keep in the shop.

Top Bottom